1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Bint

1. Mazey
    Mazey
    backdrops?
    Feb 13, 2016
  2. Bint
    Bint
    in the BiomeEffects folder
    Feb 13, 2016
  3. Mazey
    Mazey
    The dithering is pretty easy. He's basically just using a single line with a certain arc. And when you get closer to the middle he makes it fade away more like real clouds, it's not that hard, zoom in!
    Feb 13, 2016
  4. Bint
    Bint
    hmm I suppose so, something about it just gave me the impression that it wasn't done by hand, especially the forest.
    Feb 13, 2016
  5. Mazey
    Mazey
    Looks like he worked in layers but the trees might've had a filter
    Feb 13, 2016
  6. Geti
    Geti
    The line-based dithering was actually a fair bit of trial and error - it was originally done in a shader but once we decided we didn't want dithering over the whole game (it made the text hard to read), i ended up doing it semi-manually
    Feb 14, 2016
  7. Geti
    Geti
    The "trick" in this case is a patterned overlay layer and then palettising the image automatically, and then following it up with some clean up in any problem spots. This means you can start from high-res clouds and get your levels right, which is much less fragile if you decide to change the colours a lot.
    Feb 14, 2016
  8. Bint
    Bint
    :o I see, ta
    Feb 15, 2016
  9. Geti
    Geti
    no worries
    Feb 15, 2016