1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by PUNK123

1. farhhanshafi
    farhhanshafi
    Why do you think he jumped on the Trench Run Bandwagon?
    Apr 14, 2016
  2. FearSome
    FearSome
    #MakeKAGgreatAgain
    Apr 14, 2016
  3. Geti
    Geti
    what's broken? a few changes coming probably early next week but nothing very major tbh.
    Apr 15, 2016
  4. PUNK123
    PUNK123
    doors are kinda crappy atm. With any lag people get "placed in them" as in the enemy is behind the door but it is closed so they cant move or do any dmg(alot of salt involved there). It also happens when people run thru doors when they are lagging and the server is trying to decide whether they are thru or not(on my screen theyd be teleporting forward and backwards thru the door and id just pick em to death).
    Apr 15, 2016
  5. PUNK123
    PUNK123
    *as in they are behind the door's sprite, almost like backwall, and it is closed*/also is the incredible cheeky shoot-a-keg-off-a-catapult's-firing-arm-with-an-arrow an actual feature? The only reason i can see that being a thing would be to stop people from riding catapults, with a lit keg in it, at the enemy's base. Then there are the classics: platform badness, builder pickaxes, etc.
    Apr 15, 2016
  6. PUNK123
    PUNK123
    Also itd be cool if hearts didnt disappear from your inventory.
    Apr 15, 2016
  7. Vamist
    Vamist
    hearts disappear to stop people snowball collecting them
    Apr 16, 2016
  8. PUNK123
    PUNK123
    that's gay and shouldnt be a thing
    Apr 17, 2016
  9. Geti
    Geti
    fair amount of useful feedback, i'd prefer it in normal discussion form elsewhere to be talked through rather than on my profile with gimped "commenting" though.

the doors thing is impossible to fix, its a server vs client authority thing and we're not going to rework the entire networking model at this point.
    Apr 21, 2016
  10. Geti
    Geti
    The arrow knocking keg off catapult thing sounds hilarious. It sounds like its the same behaviour as happens with the keg getting damaged on someone's back, just it thinks its "on the catapult's back"

the hearts vanishing thing is bad indeed, its not "intentional to prevent people snowball collecting them" so much as "they vanish after a set time and that happens even in your inventory"
    Apr 21, 2016
  11. PUNK123
    PUNK123
    I'm sure the keg thing off the catapult thing is hilarious until it happens for the 5th time........Also last comment regarding broken things on your profile: I was assuming you could fix the doors by making players teleport when they are placed on them. Exactly like it works with other blocks.
    Apr 21, 2016
  12. Geti
    Geti
    They aren't other blocks though. They're blobs. If Skinney ever finishes the "dummy blocks" concept he was working on (using
    "fake blocks" behind blob blocks) they would use tilemap collisions and "be serverside" in some sense, and work like they did in classic, but the current issue is a technical distinction, and the reason it hasn't happened yet is that it's a bunch of work and has lots of edge cases.
    Apr 22, 2016