1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Monkey_Feats

1. Vamist
    Vamist
    particle config for the win!
    Sep 13, 2016
  2. Geti
    Geti
    It's actually super annoying to add but I'll set some time aside for it this morning. Might involve a new "unlimited" function instead though.
    Sep 13, 2016
  3. Geti
    Geti
    Done, used new function http://i.imgur.com/ShNUfRq.gif

there's also one that lets you create a "raw" (totally unconfigured) particle, and one that lets you create a totally unconfigured particle if a certain position is on screen (or near enough), which might be useful for some low-level options.
    Sep 13, 2016
  4. Geti
    Geti
    (thats 1000 particles above fwiw)
    Sep 13, 2016
  5. Vamist
    Vamist
    my life is complete

going to push it to its max!
    Sep 13, 2016
  6. Monkey_Feats
    Monkey_Feats
    what a legend!
    Sep 14, 2016
  7. Geti
    Geti
    Enjoy! (when it's out - there's some bogus changes holding it back :( )
    Sep 15, 2016
  8. Monkey_Feats
    Monkey_Feats
    As long as there is more particles I'm happy :) How about individual particle gravity, is that a thing?
    Sep 17, 2016
  9. Geti
    Geti
    Uh yeah you can tweak gravity per particle already. Check out the available fields in objects.txt and hmu if you need any of them explained (some of them are weird as heck).

Check out the TR code for examples of emitter particles too (smoke trails).
    Sep 19, 2016
  10. Monkey_Feats
    Monkey_Feats
    Oh wow XD, I don't think I have ever looked in that file :P thanks. Hmm that's looking heaps better now, I wonder why I never got it working before.. ohwell
    Sep 19, 2016
  11. Monkey_Feats
    Monkey_Feats
    Team colours for animated particles would be good, any way to do that yet?
    Sep 25, 2016
  12. Vamist
    Vamist
    Is there a way to add more teams then the first 8, this would help out mods like factions. ( You can only change the colour of the first 8)
    Sep 25, 2016
  13. Geti
    Geti
    Nope, there's no in-engine way to edit textures - you CAN just do the recolouring yourself though, the old fashioned way, and then spawn the right particle or change to the right texture based on team number.
    Sep 26, 2016
  14. Geti
    Geti
    I'd like to add the ability to edit textures so people could make their own "team recolour" system and so the skin colour system could be implemented in scripts, but currently all of that is "very ugly" and I don't want to undertake days of work for something that has a fairly obvious workaround.
    Sep 26, 2016
  15. Geti
    Geti
    You could make an external texture recolouring script (for example, there's a few half-decent png modules for node.js) to ease the workload of recolouring any sprite edits made.
    Sep 26, 2016
  16. Monkey_Feats
    Monkey_Feats
    Oct 28, 2016