1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Vamist

1. Asu
  2. Vamist
    Vamist
    if i imagine hard enough, it could work
    Jun 24, 2017
  3. Geti
    Geti
    It's quite a bit of work to "bring something to steam" I'm afraid; we'd have to do some steam integration and I don't know where the classic source is these days (haven't touched it in years) - not sure it's even on our latest repos. There's also a lot of work steam-side making the page and images, specifying lots of text and so on.
    Feel free to bug MM about it though.
    Jul 6, 2017
  4. bunnie
    bunnie
    I just discussed such a possibility with @Chrispin - it would be great if Classic would come to steam. It could possibly advertise Release. Anyway, if there's a bit of hope for it, would it be possible for the community to help in any way? I don't know how such stuff works, maybe a donation page for it could be set up or something?
    Jul 6, 2017
  5. bunnie
    bunnie
    I'm mainly a release player now, but I miss classic. I think both games are great and really love them. What a game needs to be good is a big playerbase - if there are players playing, there will be people (modders, admins, server hosters) who will handle kag - even if there would be no updates and hackers wouldnt be banned. If I ever see 200, or even 100 players in Classic I'll host servers for it again.
    Jul 6, 2017
  6. bunnie
    bunnie
    Concerning Release - It's not dead yet and is pretty nice, 60+ players at any given time is OK, although it could be discussed if the game is "dying" yet; it of course has less players than 2 years ago, but it still has some time.
    Jul 6, 2017
  7. bunnie
    bunnie
    Jul 6, 2017
  8. bunnie
    bunnie
    Sorry if this came off a bit chaotic, I just suffer when I see such a great game dying. Classic is already dead, steam maybe could save it.
    Release - not yet, but it's not as good as 2 years ago.
    Jul 6, 2017
  9. bunnie
    bunnie
    I understand that you don't want to work on KAG forever, but it brought me so much joy that I just can't stand seeing players leave. Anyway - if KAG is ever truly abandoned, maybe F2P and released source code (both classic+beta?) could be an option?
    Jul 6, 2017
  10. Geti
    Geti
    haha, don't fret, that thread is on my "to-respond" list :)
    Jul 6, 2017