1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mechanism RTDM Map Edits 2015-05-26

various rtdm map edits that add mechanisms to some old maps, and a few other tweaks

1. finleymars
    The Resource Download is just the first map
    You can get all the maps from imgur here: http://imgur.com/a/HZZn1

None of these maps are entirely mine, I just edited them the way I would like mechanisms to be implemented into them. :gear:

Screenshots

LavalordTDM2 Edit:
    [​IMG]

The map is a whole lot harder to fall off of, and players camping in waterfalls should not be as annoying. There are a couple of bolters to spice things up as well.:skull:

Amarok Edit:
    [​IMG]

This is more of a personal preference edit. Spikes make camping up on the far left and right deadly and a few bolters make the two rooms off the water fall 100% less pointless. The tunnels on either side that normally take two bombs to collapse are now made to only take one. Now it's a feature!:rekt:

Ommadawn Edit:
    [​IMG]

Basically just a whole bunch of bolters at mid. Those stone blocks held up by a sliver of backwall are covered in bolters that make going in the tunnels to its left and right dangerous, so taking it out with a bomb is worth the 25 gold.:gold:
    [​IMG]
    The cliffs to the far left and right of the map are equipped with spikers to "encourage" those pesky campers down. ::):

Bleak Arena Edit
    [​IMG]
    Bleak Arena now has a cork in its waterfall. activating two switches lets the water flow, but in the time it takes for the water to reach the opening there should be interesting fights between people who want the flood and people who don't.:rekt::noburu::rektlord:

[​IMG]
    The top of the arena is dotted with spikers. A chase between archers should be a whole lot more intense. Shooting the pressure plates can also catch a fleeing enemy off guard, and create a tasty archer shish kabob.:food:

Hergest Ridge Edit
    [​IMG]
    Two bolters at mid aimed down at an item dispenser (bait of sorts). One of the tunnels in the top left has a pressure plate and some spike traps to mess with pursuers.
    [​IMG]
    The anti-camping bits are a staple in my map edits, so here yeh go: three spikers and a pressure plate. I also made the steps to get up a little smoother and perfectly symmetrical on both sides.

I will add more maps if I feel they are polished enough, and I'll hopefully get better at mechanisms before then
    ::D:

Although these maps have gone through quite a few tests to make sure they are not broken mechanically, they have not been tested in any actual RTDM matches. Feedback is very welcome!

Recent Updates

1. New Maps

Recent Reviews

1. tigorsun
    tigorsun
    5/5,
    Version: 2015-05-26
    hot
  2. Ej
    Ej
    5/5,
    Version: 2015-05-26