1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ModLoader 1.0

The sane way to load custom scripts automatically

1. Asu
    The source code is available on GitHub too.

ModLoader is a simple modder helper tool. A simple, commented configuration file sample is available in the mod folder as asu_modloader.cfg and to be copied in the Cache folder to be modified.

I'm a random player. Should I worry about this mod?
    No, go along. This is interesting only for server hosts and modders.

I am hosting a server, and I want to add a mod that requires ModLoader. How do I install it?
    Download the .zip file from this page and extract it in your Mods folder on your server.
    Open the folder, and copy asu_modloader.cfg to the Cache folder in the main game folder (create it if it doesn't exist).
    Open mods.cfg in the main folder and add "modloader" in a new line.
    When you start your server, you should see ModLoader informing it could load the test script correctly.

How do I install a ModLoader mod?
    You should follow instructions from that mod, because the modder is the only one to know which scripts he wants ModLoader to load.
    The file you'll want to modify is not Mods/asu_modloader.cfg, but rather the copy you have in Cache/. ModLoader only reads the configuration from there and will print an error if it doesn't exist.

Code:
    ## Configuration for AsuMagic's ModLoader

#### CAUTION ###################################################################################################################
    ## This is the ***template*** file. Do NOT modify any files from the 'Mods/ModLoader' folder - it will NOT work!              ##
    ## You have to copy this file in the 'Cache/' folder and edit it from there. You'll be safe ignoring this warning afterwards. ##
    ################################################################################################################################

## Server hosts:
    # If a mod you want to install depends on ModLoader, you simply have to copy-paste the lines of code it asks you to add within this file.
    # If no such instruction was given, and if 'ModLoader' isn't ever mentioned, you aren't looking for this file - instead change the regular mods.cfg file in the KAG folder.

## As a modder, this is the file you need to inform the changes of to install your mod.
    # ModLoader is capable of automatically calling AddScript for given files for your mods, through a DefaultStart.as patch.
    # To add a script, simply add the name of your script, with the .as extension.
    # The scripts will be added as CRules scripts just after loading the first map (and before connecting, when runlocalhost is used); so your CRules@ hooks will be called accordingly.

scripts = modloader_working.as;

Example adding a ksx.as file and an example.as file : Simply append those names delimited by semicolons ';', which gives
    Code:
    scripts = modloader_working.as;
       ksx.as;
       example.as;
    an_obamanation and FunATuns like this.

Recent Reviews

1. bunnie
    bunnie
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    very nice mod but ikos when?