A foreigner once asked "What kind of people would inhabit these lands?". The reply was:
- THE WASTE KIND
"The Waste Kind" is a mod based on CTF, where you play as a shooter that can crouch and hide behind cover. Rounds end when a team captures a flag, or after 9 minutes. It's a collaboration between @Chrispin (first setup and coder), @JaytleBee (coder), GoldenGuy (coder), Ferrezinhre (coder) and 8x (art). It takes inspiration a bit from Soldat, KAG and TrenchRun, from the movie "The Warriors" and from SuperFighters Deluxe.
- Cover and crouch system
- 37 families of custom tiles at World.png
- Fresh new structures such as 3 tiles high doors, 1.5 tiles doors, and horizontal plates
- A lethal melee attack system with precise timing (needs sprite implementation yet)
- Different weapons classes to match your style
- A unique drug system from scratch (READ the .as file withing the zip)
- Cool character sprites, with 8 frames for cycles
- around 20 lovingly hand drawn custom maps with a focus on camping/teamworking and rushing moments
- Custom emots to communicate visually with your teamies
- Experimental "darkness" visuals for a silhouette effect at some maps
- 2 types of grenades: sticky and frag!
and a video from Rider339
It also uses Strathos's Dash, Vermilicious' transports and Shadowblitz16's bumper pistons, Skinney's Satchel and Diprog's Item Spawners. Except for Transports, these have all been modified.
You should put the maps in your Base/Maps folder, or rename the paths, and also add "Explosives" to your Mods.txt. You can always put it inside the same folder however.
Special thanks to Asumagic, Geti, Mazey, Skinney and Verra for their help on some parts. Also thanks to Vamist for hosting it.
The mod is shared here at its current state, and feel free to improve it. You can check the discord channel: https://discord.gg/Nawjc4
The Waste Kind 0.8
A CTF-like mod with custom visuals, maps and a cover system
- Latest Version with upgraded weapon system, items, and a cool Drug system Nov 14, 2019
- Grenades, Item Spawners and old Style Khebabs Jun 22, 2016
- Fixes at maps and minor tweaks Jun 21, 2016