1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie Fortress Plus 1.6.7f

When the zombie man throws in a little extra

1. Rebalances and fixes (mostly)

Frikman
    First things first, I gotta thank you all who've taken your time to play and fix this mess of a mod, specially Vamist and [RB] RaZeR for keeping it alive.

It's been a lot of years since the last update. Many things happened, mostly life, but now that I have more time and seeing people were still playing this I had to revisit it. I made a lof of small and a few big changes, so listing them all would be hard, but I'll try to name the most important ones.

Automatic Undead swap
    • This is probably the biggest change of them all, and a feature I always wanted to add but didn't know how to. When a match reaches day ten, 1/3 of the players will be randomly chosen and swapped to the Undead team. This also means the Abomination will no longer drop Undead Scrolls.

Special Classes and White Pages
    • White Pages have been renamed to Soul Shards and are no longer dropped by Zombies. They only spawn from graves, but the ammount needed for a Heroic Soul (previously Class Books) has been lowered from 10 to 3 to compensate. They are also automatically picked up by all Survivor classes, and emit a faint light.
    • All classes had their 3rd ability (the one binded to the taunt button) removed. Most third skills didn't add much to the classes other than extra cheese, or were just teleports (this was lazy design from my part).
    • All special classes had their HP raised by one. They're rarer now, so they needed that small buff.
    • Pyromancer's second ability was replaced with a new Fire Rune, designed by [RB] RaZeR and tweaked by yours truly. The Fire Rune consist of a static fire projectile that explodes upon time or when an enemy comes into contact with it.
    • Wizard's second ability and teleport have been merged into an Elemental Swap. The Wizard will be teleported to where it's mouse is aiming, while an Elemental will be summoned to Wiz's previous position.
    • Undead Stalker has had it's screech and invisibility merged alongside a teleport. Being as powerful as it sounds, it has a 15 seconds cooldown with 5 secs of invisibility.
    • Undead Necromancer's summoning pool has been reduced to it's original size, but had his cooldown reduced.
    • Burd can't build devices anymore, but had all blocks costs halved.
    Zombies
    • [RB] Razer reworked their AI to be (a little) less dumb.
    • Zombie Hands are only dropped upon destroying corpses (so that they don't spawn when zombies revived).
    • Cattos no longer climb walls, but are a bit faster.
    • Abomination now breaks most blocks around it, so it feels like a proper boss now.
    • Zombie Knights, Hell Knights, and Horrors can break some blocks around too when they attack (doesn't happen often).

Migrants, Bonfires and Dorms
    • Migrants are no longer required for respawing, nor do they count as survivors for staying alive.
    • Dorms now work as spawn points, but require a Migrant to be built (just hold them while selecting what you want to build). They also heal for more now.
    • Bonfires can be built now, providing light and a small healing to survivors around them.

Misc changes/fixes
    • Some shops (Dorm and Trader) had their icons revised.
    • Some items had their icons changed/renamed.
    • Rocket Launcher and Megasaw added to the Defense Shop at a high price.
    • Regular spikes no longer require gold to be built.
    • Conveyor belts and Triangles are no longer invisible.
    • Migrants now open doors instead of ghosting through them.
    • All classes have unique heads akin to vanilla Builder/Knight/Archer.
    • All maps have extra passageways and caverns to make them easier to explore.
    • Max limit of zombies works properly now.
    • Difficulty and spawn rates were tweaked, they should feel more natural now instead of being almost none for a few days and then suddenly being surrounded by hordes.
    • Messages now appear on important days.
    • Probably a lot more I'm forgetting.

Known Issues
    • The latest KAG build did some funny things with the mod apparently, so you may see this message a lot on the console: "hits count mismatch in blob BLOB (left X) - is an onHit() function only on server?".
    • Abomination can't break mechanisms (shouldn't be hard to fix, might be done for a future update).
    • Survivors are not swaped to Undead upon being killed by another Undead some times.

Thank you all for playing, I hope you guys like the update :>
Return to update list...