1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

♥ Hearts in a backpack

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by RadioActive, Jul 9, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I never said to tweak the archer, I said how it would contribute to the Archer's balance.

2. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

I don't see how it would though, because a slash deals 2 damage and archer has 2 hearts, so the archer would just die. I think you need to explain your idea a little better because without a cap then, a good player could just become virtually invincible.

ShnitzelKiller likes this.
  3. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

This. You can't consume a heart in the middle of losing all your health at once. If you seriously want the heart to compensate for lethal damage BEFORE the game checks that you're dead, you're asking a fucking lot. Much of the strategy of combat comes from knowing your enemy's health, so that you can take risks knowing that the enemy will be dead after you expose yourself (jabbing once to kill someone with one heart). Instead, fights would turn around not because of skill or planning, but because the other asshole had invisible hearts.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    Klokinator and Nand like this.
  4. Dubovnik

Dubovnik Drill Rusher
    1. Top Hat Squad [THS]

U dont need consume heart, they auto-consume if someone hurt u. Yes, archers have only 2 hearts. yes they unarmored to stab or slash for insta-kill. but they are indirect-combat-units. If u need to stay alive as Archer, u need to keep distance from being slashed against knights or

P.S lol? if archers have jetpacks with miniguns balance will be collapse.....

5. And No IMO their should be a 50% chance for hearts to drop and not be pocketed

6. Blue_Tiger

There is a cap - you can only carry one heart which slows you down. If a knight slashes you or you get double arrowed, and you're carrying a heart, you'll auto get given that heart. You're not invincible, a third arrow (which is more than likely since arrows come in threes) or a simple stab / double slash will kill you anyway. It just makes a little more forgiving to play archer where any little slip is basically game over.

The heart is on show. I don't know if you read my previous posts, but I didn't +1 the whole backpack idea, but auto-consume is something I wanted to touch on. You can easily see if a player is holding a heart or not so you can see if they're at 5 or 4 or 3 or whatever - unless you don't know how to count.

I list what they are made for, and I say how they cannot be played this way because they're not tanky enough to withstand any form of damage from a knight bar stab - and that only requires 2.

Nice pun. But no, if that is the case, I'd rather it not be in at all. Luck based elements are the worst elements in any game and I'm sure most people will agree with me on that.

7. Clearly not, to you archer is unbalanced, I disagree with hearts in backpacks and them being extensions to health

8. Dubovnik

Dubovnik Drill Rusher
    1. Top Hat Squad [THS]

Archer is balanced not unbalanced. yes he has 2 hearts but it is assault, support class with bomb arrows and fire arrows, they have hooks to momentaly go to marked position e.g.

9. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

If you want quick healing, shoot a fishy and put it in your backpack. Even though i'm kinda disagreeing, It would still be cool if hearts were added in, OR even maybe medipacks.

10. Blue_Tiger

Very useful if you're already dead to a one-hit kill.

11. In a flash of brilliance I had, I decided to nuke parts of the posts that aren't about hearts/healing but rather if archer is underpowered/fun.

12. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

An archer is a support unit, and why are you dying with a one hit kill anyway? You shuld die an honorable death by arrows.

Mods: Rainbows