1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

1,000 Premium Accounts !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tyrano73, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Hapistorique

Hapistorique KAG Guard Tester

Yeah that's called independant developpers :p

2. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Premium players get access to the new stuff thats coming in a year or so like that Overworld thing? right?
    Anyways congrats on hitting high numbers with the gold members.

3. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

It looks like in next 24h (or so) it will hit 1.5k... So in 8 days as this tread exist it grow 50% of what was made previously in... 6 or more months... Well that is quite a growth.

And the other interesting thing is... the total KAG population to premium ratio is increasing suggesting one of 2 things:
    - richer ppl on average did notice KAG
    - quality of KAG is better (I vote on this)

4. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's probably also because it's quite normal to pay a quite small amount of money at games of this genre. Read: terraria, minecraft etc, but also something like the humble bundle. People that play these games are usually early adopters. There's a real change in how people think about paying for games when the devs don't seem to be as commercial and seem to be way more personal.

dwatring likes this.
  5. Arrunas

Arrunas Shopkeep Stealer

I agree with this, plus the commercial gaming sector is majorly broken at the moment and the trend seems only set to get worse.

For example, The new Gears of war. Its a great game and i have purchased it and completed it which is awesome..

but NO!!! i will not spend another £24 on preordering the first 3 dlc packs that are already pre made and just waiting to gather more profit. and again NO i will not spend £12 on individual ones if i want them without the others.

The thing that annoys me about this is less the cost and more the completely shameless way of doing it. again for example using gears, in the horde mode there is a box with 6 sections on the right hand side of the screen so you would think that all 6 sections can be used with things in game and any DLC would add extra right?
    Wrong.
    3 of the gaps are empty and they will be filled with DLC. now this is a major problem, if a dlc is clearly adding extra content then its all well and good but when they are shamelessly leaving gaps in the product to be filled with stuff that you pay extra for, its just one step too far. I rarely pay for triple A titles these days but nearly always buy indie games after a little playing.

I love the fact that indie gaming is taking off in a bigger and bigger way and hopefully this can over the next few years really f*#! up the large publishing companies who dont care.

It is really mad though how quickly over the past few weeks Kag has grown, i think i came in near the beginning of the recent influx (about 500 odd premium when i joined) and its great that so many people are joining.

I pretty much put this at the end of all my posts on this forum, but CANNOT WAIT FOR ZOMBIES! :D

Neat and Noburu like this.
  6. nemosan

nemosan Shipwright

Well I got it cause it works on LINUX, and the awesome review from TB ^^. I don't have to switch to windows to play terraria or any other game. Same reason i buy humble bundles.. they all work on linux... and voxatron is awesome..get it now..

7. niallhalloran

niallhalloran Shipwright

I remember getting Premium at only 568 people, then a week later skyrockets to 1000

8. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

Fun fact: in last 24h premium player base increased by about 150 ppl, quite nice if you mention it was about 1500 in total :rollseyes:

9. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

premium membership has gone up 50% in the last 8 days :D Hooray for TB! I'm one that registered on account of him. Still waiting for premium to go through though :(

10. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

Yeah, the servers no-like traffic.

11. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Wait, KAG is 10 bucks per person, so that means 10 x (insert present number of premium accounts) = MUCHO DINERO

12. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

I love this game and it completely deserves the kind of traffic it's been getting. The count has since gone up to about 1500 since the posting of this topic. Awesome.

I was one of the first 100 people to buy KAG, or likely one of the first 10-20 if you count donations.

Neat likes this.
  13. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I was at least in the first 100. Now that feels cool knowing I was one of the first to essentially own a copy.

14. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I only got in around the 200 mark, but I was certainly one of the first 50 to play it. :D
    Something tells me this game is going to skyrocket within the next few months. It's beginning to get the publicity it deserves!

15. Semi

Semi Everypony Donator

Not long more and 2000 People have buy it , now have it 1600+
    ! tomorrow we reaching the 2000!

16. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

TB has played a minor role in the premium spike in the past week imo; customizations (i.e. the first benefit to premium players) is the main culprit.

Noburu, Rainbows and Neat like this.
  17. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

Umm... 80k views on video of game that had in total (at that time) about 23k registered players (not all are active), now it has 50% more total number of players registered and TB is not responsible...

On average for every 20 new players 1 buys it, so you need 10000 new people in game to make 500 new buys... Even if you would told 10000 people about it, there is no guarantee that they even like the concept, so 80000 ppl into 10000 new players into 500 new premiums is most likely in my eyes.

18. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

TB did not double the new user count. That would be excessive. He doubled daily rates of new users and premium for about a week.

Noburu likes this.
  19. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

TB needs to do more videos demonstrating features of this game, and he needs to do them with Jesse Cox. They do Terraira together, its a hit. With any luck, Yogcast will try it out too, they love minecraft.

20. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Im telling you its the tophats. Everyone loves to rape and pillage while doing it IN STYLE!

Beef likes this.