1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Story [1]Back to Stone: Winning the Bridge

Discussion in 'KAG Media' started by FlyingGroundhog, Sep 17, 2012.

1. FlyingGroundhog

FlyingGroundhog Shopkeep Stealer

Shnarfi was a small dwarf, even smaller than your regular dwarf. Him and his brother Dumbledorey set off for Camelot for they had received a letter from one of King Arthur's royal messengers. This is that letter:

"Hail, Ironrock clan, protectors of the ancient Ironrock axe forge. As I, Undruth Jon Candledeering of the second-set royal army officer, decree that your kin's special blood traits are needed for a certain task my platoon have. I shall give you three weeks to get to my encampment, there we shall explain our aim. However, there are two of your clan I specifically need. Shnarfi Aeddle Ironrock and Dumbledorey Edgerush Ironrock are needed for this assignment. I know their skills and traits are not yet fully developed but we shall explain there why we need them. Thank you for your help during this war effort.

Your loyal guardian,
    Undruth Candledeering"

Shnarfi and his brother just set out for the trek from the Ironrock ravines to the camp Undruth stated in his letter, which was east of the moss-tear river. As they were getting out of the ravine and into the countryside Dumbledorey posed a more serious question that what they were chatting about before. "Shnarfi, I am surprised you only took your stone hammer with you. I know you aren't a Knight like me, but Shnarfi you can't use a building hammer for everything." To which Shnarfi replied, "I understand your feelings about my arms, however I feel certain that I will be fine only with this as my arm if I get caught without you. A Builder's life is his hammer, and his hammer is his closest friend. It won't let me down." Dumbledorey looked and felt a bit annoyed, but he did understand Shnarfi's philosophy. The country they were in was called the Ironsalt border, a narrow strip of land who was the home of human and dwarf farmers. The place also had a lot of varying sized pits with bridges over them. The reason why they had a lot of pits and ditches there was because a few centuries ago, it was one of the major battlegrounds for the shamblestone dwarves and the Archwood alliance.

As they were crossing one of the bridges, they noticed a human in a stalky green robe, peering off into a village across from the bridge. He had a stern look on his face.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Froghead48 like this.
  2. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I like it. i hope your gonna be writing more!
    i had a laugh at some of the names