1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1033] Triple Bombjump in KAB

Discussion in 'Knight' started by -Tj-, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

What!? Some people aren't invisible? Jesus, KAG!

2. catrome

catrome Catapult Fodder

yeah i
    was faking round with commands on single player and i discoverd this and im just liek :Q_____ so epic, still yet to use in multiplayer
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 28, 2014 ---
    i found out how to do it by myself, didnt watch this tut

3. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

Only if you lag a lot. Because when you lag it shoves all the bombs on the ground at the same time.
    Happened to me now :3
    Now that I have pretty much mastered actually completing the tri-bomb jump without dying all the time i used it once or twice in a few CWs and it worked very well. I was able to jump on too one of the enemy's conveniently placed walls and then used their conveniently placed and unprotected builder workshop and blocked up their base like a boss. After that I went and hid as they were just about to all go builder and obliterate the large piles of wood i shoved on the base. Fortunately i managed to hide in a hole and dug lots. Couldn't have done it without you forums =D.
    Its weird that you can edit peoples quotes...

PUNK123 likes this.
  4. If anyone wants some help with going forward instead of up, try moving infront of the bombs and throwing them behind when flying >_>

5. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

To add to this, hold your shield sideways and throw the bomb to the side instead of down. The vertical momentum boost happens even if the bomb is directly horizontal to you.

6. Yeah i forgot to add that aswell <3

7. Olimarrex

But not as much. I think i also noticed, though not for certain, that if you cook the bombs slightly longer by waiting longer before you set it off, it gives you a bigger sideways boost too.

8. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

The longer you cook a bomb the better the jump. A 'clutch' single bomb (essentially a PERFECT throw) can get you as far as a bad double.

And yes, holding your shield side ways gives you way more horizontal distance.

In general a double is only good for incredibly tall structures, a single for distance or small structures, and a triple for swag or skyscrapers. Then again if you did a delayed double you could essentially do two singles and get amazing horizontal distance, some for a triple. (Assuming by double you mean when you light both bombs really quickly and don't actually throw the second)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  9. Olimarrex

S
    Swag, skyscrapers OR infiltrations. If you time your tri-jump right you can get in to the base without having to go near the front line, if there are no builders at the back then its quite easy to tri-bomb past enemy lines in to the main base. That way they will not have seen you at all... And so long as no-one on the front line dies (wich is also up to you) it's up to do what you like without any problems to grief the fez out of their base.
    P.S
    I think if you were ridiculously skilled enough you could definitely do a 6-bomb jump (4 in inv, 1 in hand and one on the floor) you will have to have 2 unlit bombs on the floor aswell as 4 in your hand.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Ive tried doing this olimarrex, and it is literally impossible unless you are a cyborg.
    I get to about the third bomb in the inv and then rain fireworks on the ground (My body parts)
    I wouldnt recommend it if you have anger management issues. (Considering i broke my keyboard's buttons ten times over, lucky i have spares :D)

11. Potatobird

No horizontal distance, though. That was before they had a sky limit, so in this patch you'll basically be scraping along the top of the map.

This thread loves getting necro'd lol

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  12. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

Nice work, a shame there is no horizontal distance, would work so well in stalemate games.

images.jpg

13. Potatobird

I go for the quad every once in a while in game, with horizontal distance. I usually fail, and when I succeed then I might get like one kill and then die of fall damage. It's always worth it though, of course ::P:

TBH it's not too practical, because it's also really hard to solo the entire enemy team as a knight now, what with jabstun and just sheer numbers. It's usually a better investment to go for a double bomb keg jump. Or if they have an open shop (which doesn't usually happen) you can do some sabotaging.

14. Olimarrex

Do what others mentioned bru, You should give it a little longer before you set of the 3rd bomb.
    Agreed. Except I don't think you can double bomb whilst holding a keg >:?
    Another thing. Bomb + trampoline = pretty good, try it on challenges. I managed to get 8 seconds

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    tru0067 likes this.
  15. When you have a stack trampoline and bomb you go op far ^

16. Olimarrex

Doesn't usually happen? Even in CWs it happens.

17. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Mmm. I haven't really had the ping to try bombjumping since the new (shorter) glide times were added. How goes it these days?

18. Potatobird

The only part that's changed is the landing, of course. You can still usually land without too much damage, but for the more extravagant jumps you need a nice elevated tower or cushiony builder to land on. I like to spam my right mouse button instead of holding it down (so your shield time doesn't get used up as fast ::P:), but that doesn't actually help.

If you have more ping there's a bug trick that lets you use two bombs at about the same time, giving you a huge boost, and freeing your hands (to hold a keg, for instance). All you really have to do is beat the heck out of your spacebar for a bit. Four or five sharp taps should do it, but you have to go fast. I use both hands. But once you get that down it's a lot easier than your normal multi bomb jump.

(You may have known that but others in the thread apparently didn't.)

I don't know if that's considered a dirty strategy or something, but I guess you could try to throw your bomb at an enemy's premature toss and then grab your keg? That would be a lot harder and a lot cooler.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 7, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 3, 2014 ---
    Here's the farthest I was able to go
    http://gfycat.com/ClutteredOddHoiho

There should be a bombjumping contest. As many bombs as you want, three tries. Or something of the sort

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

If you do that trick with lag and place 2 bombs then pick up your keg your good, but its hella hard to do a double bj + keg with good ping. (I have about 15ms on the servers i go on).

20. Potatobird

The new update changed inventory making this stuff easier, so I was able to do a 7-bomb jump now