1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1057] Lack of Archers in Competitive Games.

Discussion in 'Archer' started by PandemicCommander, Mar 29, 2014.

?

Are Archers Underrepresented in Competitive play?

1. Yes

69.4%
  2. No

30.6%
  1. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

He's psyduck whaddya expect?

Psyduck is constantly stunned by its headache and is unable to think very clearly.

2. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

give archers an extra heart.

3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Who is Psyduck?

Apronymous likes this.
  4. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

5. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If you don't know who Psyduck is... then you got problems on Identity... a straight up identity crisis man.. D:

Back on le subject...
    If you suck horribly at being archer... as long as Trumbles is on your team, you got NOTHING to worry about.. till he dies in the heat of battle and you're left alone with an army of really annoying archers... and/or knights who are probably better than you are and will slash your ass down within a few seconds of spotting you... ;w;
    Annnnd/or a really pesky wall full of spikes that you have nothing to use to either bomb... or burn with a fire arrow... or you just didn't have the cash for cuz you suck donkey nutz

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

>being archer
    >touching walls while going over them
    >Sirpixelot 2014

7. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

:kappa: If you catch my drift... ahuehuehuehuehue....

Guitarman likes this.
  8. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

[​IMG]

9. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Personally I think archers are better in competitive play.

I can't even touch the zens as knight, but I can get some hearts in as an archer. (not that it matters, they get the hearts back from all the people they are killing)

10. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I think most of the problems with balancing are very minor. People in KAG learn from one another, like the door climbing in Alpha, so the newb knights can learn from the better ones. With the higher skill curve with archers, however, this leads to a ton of archers believing that camping or close combat are their only options.

If enough people reached a decent skill level by using archers properly, that would transfer to the whole group. Like a sort of hundredth monkey thing. I think an in-depth guide with gifs and screenshots, hopefully with some Trumbles-based input, would really help. Another good idea would be for some experienced players to favour archer for a bit, to encourage and lead others.

11. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

I totally have plans to put one together, but I'm also the laziest human being alive.

>And I'm also worse at starting things than I am at finishing them.

12. Of course any incentive is welcome, but then again, nobody did it when Trumbles was starting (or so I guess) and still there he is. People want to get better but bitch about losing the skin on fingertips.

13. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

You make it sound like it's bad to help the community..

14. Not what I meant though, in fact, whenever your tutorial come out I'll add the page to my favorites for consulting. Just sick and tired of reading about "unbalanced archer" and seeing the majority of campers in game, even though I know most of the people, if not all, on this thread do a nice gameplay with the class.

15. weman713

weman713 Haxor

I have been playing archer for a good amount of time. No matter how long I play with them I still always learn something new. This might sound noobish, but the last thing I learned was a grapple can quickly stop me from charging my bow. Comes in handy when you've charged ur bow, but theres no enemies, or knights are getting to close and u need to quickly back off. The point is archers are extremely complicated. I feel like people just haven't taken the time to master it. So basically I think a team of all archers could work if they were all good, which like I said is rare because it's a complicated class

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  16. azerty201

azerty201 Catapult Fodder

I've found that the only way an archer can be useful is to play a bomb arrow-centric style. One reason archers should always target other archers and builders first is to gain coins quicker since killing knights takes forever. Then use the coins on bomb arrows and target weak structures, tunnels, and sieges. If there aren't enough archers and builders to kill or you just aren't good enough to get kills, what I do is farm coins by building workshops. 5 workshops will afford you 3 bomb arrows and it only takes seconds (I wouldn't consider this abuse since you're expending team resources). Very effective if you do this when the game starts. To get accurate bomb arrows shots, shoot regular arrows at your target first until you hit it spot on, then switch to bomb arrow without moving your mouse so it'll hit the same spot.

17. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Another way is to play as a knight, and use the proceeds from there.

Anyways, you can gather arrows from the ground by holding right click, it's a relic from b800.
    For the most part, Archers aren't "complex" by any normal means, they just suffer from spaghetti code. In any sense, there is no mastery, because there is always a situation an ell away from fucking you raw.

18. voper45

voper45 Arsonist
    1. Zen Laboratories

Been messing with archer for several days now, and I'll say theres definently alot of potential in the class, its just a matter of getting your aim right, timing down, and remebering when to run or shoot xD

19. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I've gotten to a point were I think I've pretty much mastered the grapple hook, and I gotta say, it may not be viable, buts it's hella fun
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 2, 2014, Original Post Date: Apr 2, 2014 ---

20. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

What ive seen with archer is that indeed requires more skill to do substantially good, you need to have luck be on your side because if the slightest random thing happens like an archer randomly shooting from his tower to hope to hit something can potentially fuck you up. what if you had 3 bomb arrows when that one random arrow came down and killed you? also not only that but you really need a good team in not only knights but builders as well. archer class is by no means a class meant REKREKREKREK. Its basically a buff to knights when they are fighting other knights, and if you get enough kills you can buy the special arrows which are good for multiple occasions. OK so here basically what i hope people start to get, archers in no way need a buff of health or more damage.... if you do then your bad and should feel bad ::P:::P:::P:, secondly if you really wanna get a bunch of kills just go knight and help the team that way. and over all if you lose 9/10 its because your builders sucked really bad... trust me its happened to me many i times before when we lost because our builders didnt know how to builder hence dirt spikes bad traps etc etc.....