1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1057] Lack of Archers in Competitive Games.

Discussion in 'Archer' started by PandemicCommander, Mar 29, 2014.

?

Are Archers Underrepresented in Competitive play?

1. Yes

69.4%
  2. No

30.6%
  1. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I've always thought archers are an almost perfectly balanced class, but as Klokinator has said, the learning curve and time invested to actually realize this is really high and that makes people quick to complain.

Corpsey likes this.
  2. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

I feel like the problem with archers in KAG isn't the class itself, but with the players - i've seen far too many people treating the archer class as a point and click adventure, then complain that "knights are op" or "wtf archer sucks" - and we should treat the problem as such. Archers are balanced.

3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Trumbles is best Archer in KAG.
    And yes, Archers are actually very well-balanced. They have the potential to be more useful than Knights, but reaching that potential requires hauling ass all the way up their insane skill curve.

4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I bet if archers had auto-lockon nobody would ever complain, ever again.

*TL Note: Klok is not endorsing auto-lockon and in fact thinks it's the worst idea ever.

5. BullHunter

BullHunter Catapult Fodder

It's fun alright, but in competitive play, "Fun" is not a factor. The main thing archers are good for is long range bomb arrows, and water arrow support.

Usually good knights can shrug off arrows with skilled shield usage, making archers without special arrows mostly useless. If there was no map-wide minimap they'd make good scouts though.

Plus, archers eat up special arrows very fast. So once they're out of those they might as well switch back to builder or knight.

kodysch likes this.
  6. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

SirDangalang and DatNobby like this.
  7. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

You obviously haven't met a good archer. I have had times where I single-handedly took down 3 knights in a row without camping behind platforms or back-pedaling the whole map. Sure, it takes time to learn and time to execute, but still. You just need to be able to get a legolas-shot up and running, get through the shield, and be able to backpedal enough to get two more arrows into the knight as he tries to catch up with you.

In fact, I think that archers are actually much much MUCH more useful if they are up there with a knight, maybe two, and being able to pick off the knights while they are slashing or possibly getting them down to decent levels of health to be able to get them easily.

And to add to that, most not-epic-knights get intimidated when an archer stands up to them, so that archer can use it as an advantage.