1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1120] Infinite Wall Climb Tutorial

Discussion in 'Knight' started by xRush101, Jul 24, 2014.

1. xRush101

xRush101 Shipwright
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

I made a small tutorial on how to do the infinite wall climb technique used by knights.

Enjoy!

2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I feel like it's even easier to pull this technique off in the current build than it was a couple builds back. Have the devs added this as an "official" technique?

3. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Do you know if it matters what direction your facing? I noticed that you keep your cursor directly over your character so that you turn around right after jumping off the wall.

I know direction does affect movement, because you go slower if you're walking backwards.

4. xRush101

xRush101 Shipwright

It actually doesn't matter what direction your facing in. What ever is most comfortable for you. I just prefer to be facing the wall.

5. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

ive never put much effort into figuring out how to climb platforms. ive always found that ive needed to try to jump away sooner than a standard wall but in your vid it seems like you want to be as close to the platform as possible before hopping off again. is that all? is the window just smaller with platforms?

6. Platform climbing was always difficult, thanks to this video some lower players will start to do this and have it be much more common

Good tutorial tho Rush

7. xRush101

xRush101 Shipwright

Yeah my technique with the platforms is to have my player be completely on the platform before before pushing away and when I push away I do each step a bit slower than I usually do with a regular wall to insure I can actually climb it.

8. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Nice vid. Really makes you question which class is the most mobile.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  9. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

This is a good idea, man.
    Getting it more mainstream, and thus having nubs waste time trying to get up those 3-wide platforms (I can see someone trying over and over, while his team's flag gets stolen).

Also, is that a slight lisp I hear? :wink:

10. RobinDobin

RobinDobin Catapult Fodder

Is this still possible with the new updates?

11. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

No, you cannot infinitely wallclimb upwards (In the builds currently). You can go your normal wallclimb height and do the same technique to gain one more block.

RadioActive and RobinDobin like this.
  12. technoteddy303

technoteddy303 Haxor

I miss this!

DatNobby likes this.
  13. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Heh I didn't know you could do a wall climb to gain 1 extra block. I play builder and archer 95% of the time, but when I've been playing the knight I did think once "hey wait a sec did I just gain a little height then from shield float wall climbing?!".

technoteddy303 likes this.