1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1120] Keg Drop.

Discussion in 'Knight' started by DragonShark, Jun 3, 2014.

1. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

This is a quite good technique to kill lots of campers in the front of your tower.
    You just throw a bloody keg at them. But be careful, don't destroy your own tower.
    Example:

:keg:
    :teabag:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall:
    :stone_door:
    :stone_door: :knight::knight::knight::dance::knight:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

And throw it at the right shot, and boom shakalaka.
    You just earned some kills.

2. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

Well in most of the cases when used by seemingly bad players, They take out the tower, the enemies and the allies fighting the enemies at the bottom.
    Theres also a chance of the keg falling the allies and not the enemies....
    Happened to me quite alot of times.

3. DragonShark

Not if the tower is supa dupa long.
    Oh yeah, it would be smart if you don't let the keg fall if there is an ally, that's quite dickish.

4. Ricket

Ricket Shipwright Staff Alumni
    1. Ethereal Legion- ETHER

I consider myself quite the connoisseur of keg dropping (though not to the extent of @Gurin ) so here's a few tips.
    - Know the explosive distance of the keg: that is, how far in each direct it will explode.
    - Know the dynamics of your tower: What it keeping it standing?
    - Try to be sneaky, so enemies don't see you coming so you get as many kills as possible.

Keg dropping is also a really useful offensive tactic.
    First, find a spot about a 2/3 of a bomb jump away.
    Second, Keg Jump (bomb jump with a keg). i.e. drop your keg, put a bomb on the ground, pick up the keg and bomb jump.
    Third, when you're at an adequate height for dropping (at least 10 blocks away from the ground) and a close enough distances to your target, light and drop the keg. If you do this well you can get LOTS of kills, enough to pay for two more kegs. If you do this poorly, you get angry teammates and amused enemies. (I suggest buying your own kegs for this trick...)
    :smug:

5. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

6. Nand

Nand Arsonist Tester

7. DragonShark

Yeah, like that.
    That's how I ment it.

8. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Also learn how far the keg must fall for it to insta explode, or learn how to cook it so that it explodes from a shorter distance.

Nothing is worse than someone giving the enemy a keg.