1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1180][SHIT] Stone Masons' Shenanigans

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Apronymous, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

With the eminent death of the group sub-forums I figured it would be a good idea to salvage everything the builder group has done.

Even counting all of Vampire's things (which he already posted elsewhere) the group did almost nothing.

screen-14-03-24-19-37-32.png
    In build 1026 it took 12 platforms to stop a grappler (fairly certain that hasn't changed).
    Not that anything stops them from breaking it with special arrows.
    Obviously you'd wanted to backwall the platforms, have an actual tower, et cetera.
    Note that this is horrendously impractical and you should never build it.
    screen-14-03-24-18-40-31.png
    The second most successful of my attempts to make a grapple proof platform.
    It's more expensive the the above version and isn't grapple proof, but it's fantastic for practicing vertical grappling in sandbox.
    wallClimbDeterrent.png
    It's more expensive than preventing wall climbing all together, but slows it down and makes it much harder to do, much like wood doors these give enemy knights an alternative to being useful. While they can still climb the wall, it becomes impractical enough that it's not worth the effort. Nonetheless some people still waste their time trying before getting stomped on.
    Much fun!
    Yadda yadda!

*Fun Fact: Near as I can tell, from the ground you can't slash at things 14 blocks up.*
    Remember when you could use tunnels from 9 blocks away?
    Yeah, so this doesn't work anymore.
    Screenshot 2014-05-21 15.43.45.png
    This actually brings up a *really* important point: SHOPS ARE WEIRD!
    If you continue to hold down the use building button while walking off, you can continue to use the building as long as your within a nine block radius of the building icon button. Unless you want to change classes; even if the icon for that still looks like it works, it doesn't.
    Note that this is nine blocks from the building icon, not nine blocks from the building.
    Just running that by you one more time, you can buy things further away to the right than to the left (clear favoritism for the blue team).

Distance tunnel use occasionally led to some fairly interesting base back when it was a thing.
    ;-;
    screen-14-07-23-16-08-06.png
    A neat use of trampolines by Chukka.
    Naturally you can continue to extend this as far as you'd like (relatively cheaply).
    Easily the most only useful thing to come out of the group.
    screen-14-03-24-20-17-02.png
    Trampolines and platform blocks are natural enemies in the wild.
    This is an enormous hassle to build, and all it does is throw you this high: screen-14-03-24-20-16-48.png
    (It also makes a lot of noise.)
    It's funny, but not worth building.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Malitha, Vampire and zerd like this.
  2. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

Image links are broken ::(:.
    Try re-uploading the images again I guess.

Apronymous likes this.
  3. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

I can see them just fine?
    I guess it's because they were initially uploadednin a private area, I'll replace them in a jiffy.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 25, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 25, 2014 ---
    Should be fixed now.

Vampire likes this.
  4. Thanks for posting this apronymous :)

5. Its probably easier just to buy 2 saws but trampolines are more fun ::D:

6. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Even after you account for setting up the trampoline, it still feels like less of a hassle than mining stone for an extra saw.
    *shrugs*
    (Definitely more fun, too)

7. Plus even if both the trampoline and saw are destroyed, it's still a functional trap :3