1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1215] Spacebar item for archers

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Verzuvius, Sep 1, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Archer is the only class that isn't using the spacebar. My suggestion, they should use the spacebar for something. Maybe a dagger or smoke bomb, I don't know.

Come with suggestions and we can discuss them! Please don't post posts about how bad this thread is or something like that. I don't wanna hear such shit!

Suggested things:

- Knife
    - Smoke bomb
    - Evading-fall-damage-roll

Updating this.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Builder doesn't exactly use spacebar in the way your describing.

Still I like the idea of a knife added in again, would be a bit better for those ninja like archers (me).

3. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

As with builder (and admittedly also knight): :heart:/:food:

4. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

The knife is such a badass thing that would easily be able to come back and it wouldn't make archers op, it would just encourage archers to not camp. How much damage should it deal? Maybe 3 in the back and 1,5 in the front for insta kill builders at the battlefield. Slow reload. I guess you should be able to use it while crouching and maybe while grappling.

KNIFE IS AWESOME!

Please come with other suggestions.

5. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The knife was a shitty mechanic that relied on ping bullshit.

Now, a smoke bomb, I do not hate that idea.

6. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

A knife would start a whole knew flame war on why archers are op, especially if it did 1.5 hearts of damage. Smoke bombs would be nice though.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  7. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Only 1 on back. 0.5 normal attack.

Smoke bomb as a rechargeable would be cool.

8. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Please come with own suggestions.

Thanks for comments though. :heart:

Edit: What about a trap which immobilizes the enemy for 5 sec or so?

9. contradiction much

also moved to S&I

Dargona1018 and Noburu like this.
  10. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Knifes have been suggested before and were rejected. Also they were in the game and were removed. So that suggestion is pointless. Smoke bombs? Since when are KAG's archers supposed to be ninjas?

Pizza likes this.
  11. platy1knight

platy1knight Haxor Tester

Smoke bombs ? hmm
    1: how could he use it?
    2: isn't it like water arrows?

knives may be good for chopping wood and necks :archer:

12. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Please :heart:

Since when are KAG's knights supposed to be paratroopers?

13. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Archers are pretty acrobatic I don't think it'd be bad if they could be more ninja-like. I think smoke bombs would be cool but you wouldn't want it to be spammed. I think a single smoke bomb per life would be fair. I sometimes lose knight fights because I can't see the person due to the tree blocking them. Smoke bombs would allow for something similar. I think a nice idea for an archer could be less fall damage or an item they can purchase for an extra heart? Maybe those are OP but just make the item expensive and can also be purchased by builders?

Verzuvius likes this.
  14. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Well, maybe you have to buy the smoke bomb in the archer's shop, 15g or something like that. Spawning with a smoke bomb is TTH style.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  15. TheDirtySwine

Yeah Im talking about CTF too. I think as long as it's not too visually impearing it should be fine being able to buy it.

16. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Roll that lets you pass through entities like you were crouching (not damage though), and when timed properly, should negate or at least reduce fall damage.(Although I feel a recharge timer should be put on it so it isn't abused) Just something I've kind of always wanted to see, and I know @Nighthawk wants it as well.

17. TheDirtySwine

Rolling is a perfect idea! It could inspire special ops archers that sneak behind enemy lines acting dead every so often lmao

18. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

spamming water bombs + smoke bombs; The ultimate rekking combo.

arcave is in for a treat :rekt:

Anonymuse likes this.
  19. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I suggested "kicking boots" back when I was a little noob and I still don't think they're that terrible of an idea.

Devs probably aren't going to add any items though, so if nothing else how about holding spacebar for special arrows, and when you release it it goes back to normal arrows? It would pick the one you have selected in your inventory. This would help prevent accidental wasting of arrows, and I just think it's generally too cumbersome to switch arrows in the heat of battle.

20. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Did any of you guys know that if you hit F it automatically swaps over to the next arrow? All you then have left to do is look at the bottom of your screen to see which one it swapped to (normal -> water -> fire -> bomb -> normal, that's the cycle)...

Anyway, if you keep going in this thread like you're now, then I'll have to lock it since it's violating the "one suggestion per thread" rule. If the OP can't make up a proper suggestion there's no point in having this thread (last warning).

Pizza likes this.
Mods: Rainbows