1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1239] A new class?

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by The-Cub, Sep 22, 2014.

?

A new class?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    48.2%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. In time

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The-Cub

The-Cub I'm actually Blue_Tiger

What are the community's views on a fourth class entering the mix?

This is not a suggestion but a discussion and poll.

Also, what clssses would you like if any?

Personally, I'd like a rogue which has high melee and can scale walls eternally although some may argue it'd be archer 2.0.

2. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

I just want a dagger.

3. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I want a medic, who can shoot heart arrows and heal everyone on the battlefield.

Noburu, LazikLion and The-Cub like this.
  4. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

i would like a rogue/assasin but not sure, but if added, i would like him like this:

*dagger inflicts a critical hit on back, for example : 0.5 heart on normal and 1.5 on critical
    *has a bush cloak, so when he crouches he get camo
    *can buy a one-use poison dagger in workshops (when he hits you with it, you receive a 0.5 hearts of damage too, but not instantly, it happens after 20 seconds or maybe less)
    *his attack is faster than a jab, but not too much(example: jab attack time is like 1.0 and dagger is 1.2/3/4/5.
    *can only use water bomb (optional)
    *a bit higher jump and a 3 blocks climbing (he is supposed to be agile, btw, not sure if 3, maybe 4, i guess all classes can do a 2 blocks wallrun but i cant remember, anyways a X+1 wallrunning).

or maybe a ... erm ... idk how to call him, whatever, he has a crossbow and a dagger, so he can be useful on most of situations, to be balance with archer, it would be like this:

*slow charging crossbow
    *dagger deals 1/2 or 3/4 heart of damage
    *cant use a shield
    *cant buy special arrows (optional)
    *cant use shotgun/legolas, but if he charges the crossbow, the arrow will inflict 1.5 hearts of damage
    *a harpoon-like arrow, but dont get too happy, it doesnt goes too far.

thats it bassically, im not asking/suggesting both, if you are going to add, add just one, because two classes with daggers? or whatever, mod it, official add it, i would like both, but hey.

opinions/thoughts/suggestions?

5. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

How about we dedicate our brainpower to figuring out how to fix the current game rather than add to it. We need better shit, not more shit.

Noburu, icemusher, Fernegulus and 9 others like this.
  6. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

If you had actually bothered to check through the suggestions list (yes, it actually serves a purpose) then you would've found a locked thread where rayne stated that you should only talk about new/more classes in modding requests, since there won't be any additions of that scale anymore.

Pizza, Noburu, Fernegulus and 2 others like this.
  7. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

@Auburn ORRRRR maybe, you have to fight bad shit with more shit.
    ok ok im joking, im saying that in ANY CASE, when the game gets fixed enough, they could get added, want a way to fix the current state, remove the goddamn shotgun. thats my opinion

8. Galen

Did you even read what I just said? Here, I'll quote it just incase you missed it:
    There you go.

Pizza and Noburu like this.
  9. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

The only way any of us will see a new class is a mod.

It's not that easy either, creating all the sprite sheets and code is one thing. To actually balance it and fix any bugs that occur is another.

Most of the people in this community capable of doing all that don't see much of a reason to either imo.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    Noburu likes this.
  10. The-Cub

If you had actually bothered to check through the orginal post (yes, it actually serves a purpose) then you would've found good information.

J-man2003 likes this.
  11. He just said that their is already a denied suggestion on this topic, He read just fine

A rogue has been suggested tons of times @Gurin should just lock this TBH

Noburu likes this.
  12. The-Cub

That'd be pretty cool, I must admit, but maybe have it either be a special archer arrow or have the medic have something other than a bow.

I like it, yes, but I personally hate the sneaky elements of games (that's why I play 2D games almost only since you can see around walls). Having this class would be even worse than darkness and trap blocks/spikes that are currently in the game.

I personally feel the game is in the best balance it's ever been in. Teamwork is key, knights and archers generally can kill each other depending on skill rather than "lel i can throw bomb LOL BOOM" or "lel i can shoot arrow LOL PENETRATION" - maybe builders are little more like annoying buggers there to be annoying buggers but they're not so bad. Plus, having an assassin would be great vs. pesky builders if it were implemented.

The only thing I feel needs work is to fix the damn bugs.

Also, having a discussion isn't dedicating brain power to anything - as I've said, the only thing needing work is bugs, we can't exactly do that, can we?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 22, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 22, 2014 ---
    I disagree - this is a discussion thread, not a suggestion thread. I couldn't give a shit what has or hasn't been suggested, I just want to know people's viewings on certain things.

Edit: there*

13. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

im the one that doesn't reads? i guess you didnt read the last part of my reply too, let me quote it for you
    there it is, i said "mod it" as an option, read before commenting that.

14. Galen

You're mistaking me, I was talking to the OP of this thread, not you who replied to it.

Pizza likes this.
  15. This is just a terrible idea, I don't think you know anything of what your talking about regarding the current classes being balanced. Why add more things that will be incredibly unbalanced

16. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Then how about we lock this and you go "discuss" on the other threads. And/or SEARCH for threads under your suggestion, if there is none. Post a thread and discuss there. (Even though Geti is probably never going to add another class.)

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/spy-class-open-thread-before-locking-hating.20716/page-2

//EDIT: Locked due to reasons further above. ~Galen

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
  17. The-Cub

Nice post deleting just because you know I'm right.

18. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

(old post i dont care) The game is balanced enough we need more exciting stuff. A new shop a new bomb a new class. I mean it gets boring after a while if you never get any new things to play with. Sure better shit is good but how about more better shit.

dayleaf and zampanothechimera like this.
  19. zampanothechimera

zampanothechimera Shopkeep Stealer

what about some kind of fire bomb

J-man2003 likes this.
  20. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

they existed, they were called Satchels, they got removed because the people or whoever wanted to make something archer-only...
    there are a lot of good rejected ideas , for example :
    poison-cloud bombs
    wizard class
    zipline arrow
    class upgrader

and one that i personally liked: kick (no not the "horrible" suggestion of archer drop kick) i mean , if you press (insertbutton) you will kick your opponent, its not for making damage, it would make none or 0.25 hearts of damage, its mainly for pushing your enemies, it would have a cooldown... oh now i realised im divagating, whatever.

in conclusion : we need more exciting stuff!

J-man2003 and zampanothechimera like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.