1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1239] Doors as Ladders - Tower Showcase

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by tru0067, Nov 10, 2014.

1. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

I am personally a big fan of using doors as ladders. They are team specific (unlike ramps), hard to destroy (like ladders) and do not block stomping paths or create hidey holes for enemy builders (like trap blocks).

Because of this, I have decided to create the following tower to showcase doors as ladders.
    2014-11-08_00001.jpg
    The tower in it's most basic form. This perfectly uses building time spawn resources (100 stone and 300 wood). However is obviously very weak (1 bomb to collapse).

After a resupply it looks like this...
    2014-11-08_00002.jpg
    The wood has been used to complete the doors, which are stone back walled to stop fire spreading. The stone has been used to create backwall (although I had plenty to spare for other stuff).

Another resupply later...
    2014-11-08_00003.jpg
    Now platforms have been added and the tower is looking a lot like a tower.

After further testing on this tower I revised it to make it more keg resistant (doors get obliterated by kegs). The finished version looks like this...
    2014-11-08_00004.jpg
    Platform and stone layers have been added to increase durability.

PROS:
    -Team specific from both sides
    -Nightmare for enemy builders
    -Does not waste stone (although it is a bit wood heavy) (the front (behind the doors) takes 20 stone! less than 1 trap block)
    -Can be expanded easily
    -Multiple exit points (cannot be blocked in)
    -Doors getting held open is no problem
    -Great for building time (designed for resupplies)
    -Great base for... (find out in my next critique!)

CONS:
    -Gets rekt by kegs
    -Has no traps (does not damage enemies)
    -Team mates are vulnerable while getting in

As a side note, using doors as ladders is also great for large flag encasements (where enemy builders are most likely to try and burrow in and team specificity is important).

Tell me what you think about this tower, and using doors as ladders in general. I would love to hear feed back!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Nice buildings, I like the use of doors as ladders. I might add it to my arsenal.

tru0067 likes this.