1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1239] Super Effective Saw Trap (with tutorial)

Discussion in 'Builder' started by xRush101, Sep 4, 2014.

1. xRush101

xRush101 Shipwright
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

A tutorial and showcase of a saw trap design I came up with about 2 months ago. It uses the leaves of a tree to hide the saw. If you've seen me on any of the US servers, you've probably seen me build this before.

Enjoy!

Sorry bout that weird text editing near the middle of the video. Not sure why it did that. (The project file didn't have that happen)

There are different ways to build the trap. This video just shows one of the main ways I build it. I also recommend adding a spike on the ground right next to the trap in order to stop enemy players from walking up next to it and destroying it.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Great video as always! Can't wait to work on more stuff with you!

xRush101 likes this.
  3. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

You can see my tasteful comments in there. Anyhow, nice trap, definitely works at least once without someone noticing.

4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I've actually buil this trap twice after seeing it ingame once (I was on your team one time) and yeah, it's truly an amazing work of art. Best part is FREE MONEY because you get kills for saws now. I love getting hundreds of coins for such minimal effort.

SirDangalang likes this.
  5. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Sneaky saw is sneaky :heart:
    Was in a game where Klok built this and it's crazy how people tend to have short term memory with these things making the concealment that more effective :rekt:

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah it's like "Fuck, I hate that saw" two seconds pass, you fight a knight, 5 seconds pass, you arrive at the base "Man what's with this tree OOH I BET I CAN JUMP INTO THAT HOLE AND DIG INTO THEIR-... fuck"

tru0067, SirDangalang and xRush101 like this.
  7. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

It's nice to see more people using trees for traps. Personally I don't build traps very often, but I can see ones like this being very effective.