1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1239] Too many knights

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Klokinator, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I really don't think changing arrows like that would be good for the game. We would have archers one-shotting each other, and archers would (probably) complain about how they can't do damage to knights through their shield. I've noticed a lot of shielding issues as well, a lot of times I know I should have blocked a bomb, and it just doesn't get blocked. Maybe the shield's arc should be increased, hopefully that would fix a few issues.

NinjaCell and Klokinator like this.
  2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah, shields are definitely paper mache. If w can't at least get some mobility back, a little extra defense would do wonders.

3. As @kedram stated

Archers are more lethal up close them far

It should be the other way around which is why the arrows in sequence follow the way it was before

kittycity and Dargona1018 like this.
  4. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I thank you for coming in, as everyone that truly has a name has seemed to be indifferent or love it, for some unknown reason.

I agree with the archers being pretty OP since they are unstoppable up-close. Before, they were encouraged to be mid-range, and only the best could hang with the big kids in close-range, but now, long- and mid-range is lost due to innacuracy and having the overcharge-shotgun be absolutely worthless at distance, the only way to even be useful is to be up close, which is pretty much unstoppable.

With shields, yea, they are very weak now, as the blast radius seems to have been able to hit your toes and your head, since there is a smaller shield-block radius (arrow-slashing update, I believe).

5. I told you guys archer are 2op

RampageX likes this.
  6. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I'd like the shield's arc to be increased back to about 50% of the last change. That would be a nice balance.

DatNobby, Boea, yellowwhy1 and 2 others like this.
  7. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

You just summed up the biggest problem with the shotgun shot. PLEASE REVERT TO LEGOLAS!

8. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

Arrow slashing. That is all I want back for knights. If I got a genie tomorrow I'd ask for 2.5 billion dollars, true love, and arrow slashing.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    zerd and dual_chiecken like this.
  9. Or if make the triple shit legolas
    You know where they go and you can pull off close damage if you play it smoothly, this of the old legolas shot

10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

No. Shitty luck based archer nerfing is not what this game needs.

11. Nivlac_13

Luck based? Spasmatically slashing in the general direction of enemy archers is a skill. Arrow slashing at least gave the appearance of being a skill while still allowing a skilled archer to take you down a couple hearts. klok isn't skilled enough to arrow slash

12. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Arrows which breaks all kind of arrows/bombs, isn't that luck based? Shouldn't that be nerfed?

13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Arrow slashing is nothing but pure luck. More than half the community wanted it gone. It rendered archer shots useless, leaving an already frail class even more defenseless than before, and was completely unpredictable by its very nature. Additionally, now that we have shotgun, if arrows could still be slashed, you could actually potentially slash all three at once, which is waaaay too overpowered.

NinjaCell likes this.
  14. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Arrow slashing was useful as a knight, but a dumb ad don for combat. In real life you couldn't exactly "slash" arrows out of the air. Ik this game isn't real life but even so......

15. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

You couldn't shouldn't exactly shoot arrows and bombs...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  16. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

WEll you could

17. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

<Out of context>

For the three posts above, give more "explanation" to your posts. Not just "well you could", explain how and why it would happen. Same for most of your other posts Eragon all around the forum. Final warning to both of you on this thread, if it carries on I may have to hand out warnings, thanks.

18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Incidentally, when you use the words "spasmatically" (Ie, thrashing around praying for something) and "skill" (A carefully timed and executed technique) in the same sentence, it becomes apparent you have no idea what you're talking about. In fact, your post basically equates to "jab spamming takes skill, because you have to spasmatically press the left click over and over to land a hit! Skilled gameplay!!!" Not only this, but then you go on to say that "Arrow slashing at least gave the appearance of being a skill"... so you first state that spamming and praying is a skill, then you directly contradict yourself by stating it isn't even a skill, it only appears to be. Please go shower and think about what you've done.

Also, it's spelled spasmodically.

19. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I actually though he was being sarcastic. But nope.

20. Nivlac_13

Ding Ding Ding. Winner! Anyway this is going nowhere, so putting aside arrow slashing. I actually really liked the glitched wall climbing. It was fairly easy to combat as a builder and when I was a new player I was absolutely amazed by the people who could do it. It was like the final secret skill of a knight, none of the descriptions of how to do it ever helped me. It wasn't until I had a pretty good understanding of ever other movement of knights before I could finally get it right occasionally. Then is was gone.

zerd and Klokinator like this.