1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1390] Able to Place Ladders 1 Block into Foundation, Prevents Destruction of Foundation B4 Ladder

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ajax, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajax

Ajax Arsonist

Category: KAG Client

Operating system: Windows 8.1

Build number: 1390

Description: Assuming this isn't a bug and instead a feature of the game, players can put a ladder down vertically with one of its three segments inside of a foundation block (stone, wood, soil, etc.). The problem with this, however, is that the ladder prevents players from targeting the foundation block and destroying it. Instead, players are stuck breaking the ladder no matter where they place their cursor in-game

Steps to reproduce:
    Self-explanatory

Screenshots/Videos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kazaco: New thread here

Fuzzle and Asu like this.
  2. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

As far as I know this is not a bug. Ladders when being placed are actually only one block. This is why they can be put in side of walls/ground.

Fuzzle likes this.
  3. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

This is in fact a bug (even in build 2059) since the block should take priority over the ladder. If you wanted to break the ladder you would aim for the centre section rather than part inside the block.
    Tbh I've used this bug once to troll teammates who were trying to mine upwards. It's also annoying when you're on a map like 8x_Fest_Pass and you're below roof but you accidentally break the ladder instead of the block above and fall to your death.

Magmus likes this.
  4. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

necro much and I still stand by that this isn't a bug but I have been proven wrong a lot in the past.

5. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

It's not a bug that ladders can be places partially inside a block but it is a bug that ladders have a higher priority than the block it's overlapping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.