1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1656] Spikes activate faster on client version than Steam version

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Blue_Tiger, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Category: KAG Client
    Operating system: Windows
    Build number: 1656
    Description: Spikes when placed on stone activate quicker for some reason on client. I found this when I was playing on Assault courses and I could easily do a spike challenge on my Steam client without using the grapple and yet when I switched to the standalone client, it was impossible, even with grappling.
    Steps to reproduce: Go on the assault courses on client and Steam and see which one's easier, lol.
    Screenshots/Videos: Can't record videos, would take hours to upload 10 seconds of footage.

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

What you're saying is impossible. The only possible explanation was that either of your clients was outdated. I know our build system. (I'm maintaining it.) Exactly the same files are used for standalone and Steam versions.

3. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Definitely possible, as the tick-shizz' is executed both client- and serverside (should be serverside only). KAG codebase in a nutshell. Drownin'.
    As I read the code, the delay'll depend on the amount of plebeians within a radius of 124.0f (crazy).
    That aside, I don't see a reason to report KAG issues.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015