1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[203] Acavado Spikes

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Acavado, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Tyrianstrasz

Tyrianstrasz Shopkeep Stealer

Isnt this exactly like the Acavado spikes but a bit different looking?

dnmr, Jackard and Contrary like this.
  2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I see it as there being three different designs for this. My design listed above is used on hills, and is made so you can squeeze jump through it safely and it's impossible for ai to just jump over. (Due to it being on a hill.) The trap spikes allow allies to safely pass through while murdering enemies.

I think Luigi made the design for flat ground, with a team door. The benefits are that you can use top and bottom spikes, as well as walk right through and it's completely safe on flat ground, but moron knight allies like to stand in the doorway and then the enemies kill said knight and charge through. Pisses me off too because they do it all the time.

The other method is to take my design, place it on flat ground, and improvise with a stone block instead of a team door which forces allies to squeeze through and not keep the damn doorway open >.>

Basically, if your allies aren't morons, luigis design is superior and it kills faster. If they are, and trust me they usually are, my design is better as it removes 30% of their stupidity options. (Except people still stand on top of the kjfhgdfkgfhding traps even when told not to.)

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

What separates mine though completely is that yours are just Acavado spikes put into use, whereas mine has nothing to do with Acavado's, it's a structure that makes use of doors to stop you from having to squeeze at all (also avoid trap altogether by jumping over), the double spikes also do more damage. Acavado is more idiot proof, but dangerous if enemies are coming near you, which is why I designed my trap to solve those problems.

That said your trap does two things:
    1)It only works on blue team to trap red enemies because squeezing is right to left only for that type of squeeze
    2)It uses squeezing to force the Acavado into motion doing a ton of damage to bosses.
    3)Works amazing on hills.

Whereas standard Acavado:
    1)Has no squeezing
    2)Does work good on hills but mostly when people intially jump, not a continual smack them back and force them to jump again

My trap:
    1)Has squeezing but avoids it for teammates
    2)Sucks on hills works best flat

Hopefully when zombies come out AI is fixed to render all our current traps useless, right now bots are poop.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Klokinator like this.
  4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

At least both traps have their legitimate uses. I'd use yours a lot more often if my teamates were actually on my team :|

PS: Luigi, you and I should do a solo run sometime with the goal of winning without killing a single bot. I devised a method that makes it possible and I think it'd be a fun challenge to attempt :D

BlueLuigi likes this.
  5. knightl

knightl Base Burner

the thing is most people are too lazy to try get around and will try brave it especially the newest batch from this week i watched as a whole team of reds went through my avocado at least 4 times each

Rayne likes this.
  6. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

This is in no way different from acavado spikes... Acavado spikes are nothing more than the principle of using rearranging spikes in connection to trapbridges to make enemies that jump into them die, acavado spikes were always about that, putting them on a ledge so that enemies will vault into them with a lot of speed. Same thing this does just placed in a way that it also allows people to squeeze through. If anything I would put this in the acavado spikes thread, it doesn't really justify its own thread at all. Its like me posting the exact same thing you just posted but like this in its own thread:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I call it DEATH TUNNEL and its completely original. NOT.

Please refrain from posting slight changes of established designs in their own threads. We don't need 10 threads exploring the many MANY different iterations of acavado spikes. Thanks.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Um... the difference is that it utilizes glitch jumps to instantly murder enemies. Avacado spikes can be avoided if you're nimble. Not to mention that these spikes are made especially for co-op mode.

I recall saying this in this thread at least 3 times now. I already know what avacado spikes are. I even borrowed a portion of the design from them >.>

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I suppose the confusing part is that this doesn't need a new name. The core of the trap is literally just Acavado + Squeezing, there's nothing special about it, and in fact people were doing it before this, way before it, I've seen this trap since before build 190 on actual CTF many a time, in fact the second time I saw Acavado spikes was one of these squeeze+Acavado's on blue team, was awesome.

9. Tyrianstrasz

Tyrianstrasz Shopkeep Stealer

and lo. The thread merger fairy sprinkled dust over the two threads and they where one.

10. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

Heads up, this no longer works. Ceiling spikes went poot this build.

Here's a workaround.

avocado spikes v274.png

Yahhh.

Use that instead.

dnmr, Contrary and ComboBreaker like this.
  11. GhostyS

GhostyS Shopkeep Stealer

that version worked or me

12. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Spikes are iffy in this build. Sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. At first I thought it was spikes placed by editor or the map didnt work but now Im not so sure. Regardless spikes dont always work now.

13. Vivicus

Vivicus KAG Guard Tester

Spikes are definitely hit or miss this build. From what I've seen if you're actually falling a few tiles they work, but if you drop off a tile or are sliding it's iffy. Horizontal movement into spikes is also a little odd, and I've seen floor spikes do damage on touching a left-side wall... I'm sure a lot of it is because of the "elevator" glitch that's going on now though.

14. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

everything you're describing here was already a problem in earlier versions. You were always able to evade spikes on a 1 drop fall and walking trough a spikepit can hurt when there is a trapbridge built directly on top or something.

15. Vivicus

Vivicus KAG Guard Tester

Not everything, obviously. I wasn't able to walk left at a wall and get stabbed on ground spikes. Also yes, able to evade spikes on one tile yes. Being able to slide and not take damage on spikes some of the time? New. The trapbridge issue is distinct on what I'm talking about, but definitely still an issue.

16. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Well now ceiling spikes work again without broken bridges, but there's a glitch: If someone gets hit by the spike, the block under it will disappear or become unbreakable.

17. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Also there can appear a mineable gold or stone block.

Alchemical process demands bloody sacrifice you know.

Ej, Noburu, Chinizz and 1 other person like this.
  18. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

So... Acavado is an alchemist ?

19. It actually works with phases. Every another hit changes tiles under it a little bit. That's why I don't use any ceiling spikes. Way too glitchy.

Also:

THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE IS MADE OF PEOPLE!

Chinizz, Noburu, ComboBreaker and 2 others like this.
  20. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Alright, I'll remove the Acavado's from the structure overview thread for now, maybe in the next build!

Ej likes this.