1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[203] Acavado Towers

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Jackard, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

BlueLuigi and Wyeth like this.
  2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Seems contradictory. You want people to go into the trap, but you put it out of their reach? If they have ladders or bombs to get up to it, they could go over the whole thing just as easily. Some use if they shield boost each other up but even then a careful player can get through Acavado spikes without harm.

3. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

the wall to ward off solo players, the spikes to kill groups. its an obstacle not an invitation

ive gotten a lot of kills with this thing. its fairly easy to defeat with a builder, but ive only seen one bother (what??)

lol how often do you meet these

4. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

I met plenty, Contrary being one of them.

I think its a pretty low cost structure. I can see this being useful, but don't understand the roof of the structure. Why make a "hat" shape? Isn't that easier to get up on? I would possibly leave it like this:

----------.[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ----..[​IMG]
    ----..[​IMG]

and may or may not put spikes on top.

Generally I see this as a good possible way to upgrade a simple Linepiece structure with a few mats you found on your way.

5. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

oh i was just doing that for fun, its not an essential part of the structure

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

These were very successful early on when no knights had coins for bombs (none had the sense to play builder a minute or two to get one) so they couldn't jump over it, and since there was an archer most of the time bothering them and some knights, they never got a chance to get in 'carefully', they lasted quite nicely. The roof could definitely use some work, but other than that the actual trap part is pretty effective.

7. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

archer nest works well on top of this

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]