1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[203] Airblade

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Wyeth, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

This is a pretty huge structure, the height is variable, I generally like to make it pretty high but that depends on materials and need for this (a lot of bomb jumpers).

airblade.png airbladev1.png

The right one is a slightly more refined design of this structure, as it allows easy upgrade in height (since the top is not made of castle walls).
    I normally start out with a 2 thick wall of castle walls and work my way up (so that enemy bomb-jumpers get stopped as soon as possible) and only upgrade it with the "string" of teamladders etc if enemies keep jumping in.
    Gonna be honest with this one. Its more of an odd one. I rarely build this, most people don't bomb jump a lot. It's also a very good catapult platform.

Beef likes this.
  2. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

looks amusing, not sure how practical

3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

It kills anyone who tries to "Bomb Jump" the wall.

Knight flies into air, Knight sails forward, Knight passes through the trapdoor column, Knight falls in spikes, Knight goes bye-bye.

Very practical, but it seems both time and resource-consuming to build.

4. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

It looks intimidating enough to make them give you there flag for mercy.:D(I like it.)

5. Wyeth

thats why I rarely build it, its an additive building though. If you look at the right one you see that this can be build slowly over a longer amount of time, adding piece for piece to a ever higher wall. Also ALWAYS build this kind of building on the highest point in the map if possible. I am not a fan of building this during startup, there are way better buildings you could build. I sometimes added a beginning of this building on top of the last building in the building phase to make it possible to quickly start this construction if enemies get the high ground and start bomb jumping in.

You like it or you think its actually useful? There is a big difference between those. Also to everyone, don't forget to like the buildings you would like to see in the building overview, please don't like buildings that are impractical but good looking. For example this building is not really one I would put in the overview as its rather odd and occult in its use. Also quite hard to construct by heart ;)

6. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Just like,to many resources to be useful.

7. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Yes, that much was explained in the first post. My point was, it is impractical when you compare the time and resources required to how easily it would be destroyed by catapult. In my experience catapults are seen more often than bomb-jumping.

8. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I'd remove some of the upper spikes, and use the stone to reinforce the middle with wall.

9. Labla

Labla Shopkeep Stealer

Here is my review:

[​IMG]

Personally I think it is pretty bad tower. I hate spikes on wall, because mostly friendly units will hit them. Enemy on other hand shouldn't have much problem with bringing this tower down. Two or three enemy archers and this tower becomes dead end for friendly units, where enemy can dig under it or knights with some experience can trow bombs in the middle to crash tower.

10. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

tried this once with extra background walls, they just cata through it

11. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

A very interesting idea but with very compromising weaknesses.

I enjoy the idea though, I wonder how it could be improved...

12. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

As a big fan of bomb jumps I hate you so much.

Worm likes this.
  13. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

The trick here is to either a) use a shield-upwards bomb-jump to launch another bomb up to the top, or b) blow a brick out, and land another bomb in the gap.

14. Wyeth

100 times this, I agree with Labla partly (mostly I don't quite understand some of his points). I wrote that this is a structure that I normally don't build since it is pretty cost intensive and easily destructable. IT DOES work though. It was sort of an experiment to find a way to stop bomb jumpers cold. So I would like your counters to bomb jumping (as I dont think there are any buildings that deal with this problem in this subforum yet).

Some people said its easily destructable by bombs... I would like to see the knight who gets two bombs in the exact same spot to collapse the backbone of the tower o_o. It is certainly possible but not quite as easy as some people make it out to be.

Sorry but if the enemy team can construct a cata, shoot over 10 times (which is likely needed to damage it enough to break it) your team is not helping you properly. A cata should always be targeted by your archers or bomb knights. If your team lets an enemy cata fire away like that, that is a weak team in my opinion. Plus this structure is supposed to stand on the highest map point. So the enemy cata would need to be pretty high up to hit it (normally making it an easy archer target).
    Normally you can also still repair against the cata spam.

Give me some ideas to improove it, this is supposed to make you guys think about options! :D

15. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

i admit to playing with pubs, they are often horrible

zee repairz zey do nothin

16. Wyeth

Amen to that brother!

17. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Wow you guys seriously make stuff like this? Do I need to come up with a triple bomb jump?

18. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

19. Wyeth

We only make it for people like you who can't friggin stick to the ground like knights should, while we are at it, might you guys stop moving... like , at all? that would make everything so much easier!

20. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's still weak to cata so much but what I've been doing is using it as an ancillary trap, I use your Devil's Basin on the bottom, Acavado Spikes as a hilt, and the blade on the top (not too big). unless they push a cata it usually stalls them quite a bit. Unfortunately, it means they usually push a cata.