1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[203] Avocado Sandwich

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Bracket, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Here's a spike fort trap thing I built in a 2v2!
    [​IMG]
    It's got 3 or 4 traps and some bait/resupply (quarters and OP). No defense against bomb jumpers, but I could put up a front wall up top to solve that. People can tunnel under that example but I could pave the front floor to fix that too.

The first trap is just a basic avacado, although it's harder to manage your momentum and avoid the avacado in that position, I think. After that, there's a basic pit trap with anti-jumping spikes. Finally, there's a... squeezed avacado. I have no idea if it's possible to sneak through a squeezed avacado, but I'm hoping it isn't. It's pretty nicely hidden too. I put some spikes right after the last avacado so anyone who gets through will hopefully fall on them.

Allied players can just head up to the roof and drop down (maybe I should have some ground ladders to catch them) on the way forward. When they're returning, it's safe as long as they don't jump around like idiots in the middle.

WHATCHOO THINK?

EDIT: Price!
    Stone: ~764 (not including proposed anti-bombjump or anti-tunnel barriers)
    Wood: 440

So it's expensive! @_@
    EDIT2: I changed all the "avocado" to "avacado" except the title. :3

2. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

[​IMG] =death?

My head grows by half a hat size every time I see someone use the trap, so thank you.

I think that at some point it becomes deadly enough that the threat comes only from builders and the last few spikes are become overkill.

SpaceWhale and Fellere825 like this.
  3. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

A basic avocado is still easy to get through with a short hop. The last spikes are there because I figure if anyone manages to short hop AND squeeze through the tight space without hitting the spikes, they should have enough momentum that they'll at least fall on the final spikes.

I kinda wanna build this and then try to get through it as an enemy without taking damage. It looks... possible, with very careful jumping.

Now I'm gonna go test if it's possible to get past Climbing Avocados and Squeezed Avocados the same way you can get past regular avocados.

Also I should make some kind of huge trap with tons of avocados and call it Guacamole. <_<

4. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

Looks like it has the potential to cause a lot of team damage, especially when trying to retreat (particularly the squeeze. I'd recommend a single section of drawbridge right next to the spikes below the squeeze). Keep in mind that most allies will, in fact, jump around the middle like idiots. It also offers little cover against ground-based archers, though it does defuse (heh) the threat of thrown bombs admirably well. I do like the outpost directly next to the barracks; if an invader does make it through and stops to heal, they will be eventually overrun by respawning allies. The structure is decently defended against catapults, but likely tough to repair the roof due to the spikes. Stonefall traps can't be used without compromising the entryway.

And finally, it's Acavado. Show the trapmistress some respect. :)

FliesLikeABrick and Wyeth like this.
  5. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I've been using the avocado trap in towers quite a lot and the main problem is that one bomb makes it kill all of your teammates.. (the bridges disappear) (+you can avoid getting hit by the original tower in his topic)
    It's ok as an extra defence, but you shouldn't let this be your only defence (as in don't give them a free entrance up)

FliesLikeABrick likes this.
  6. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

add doors

7. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

For this thread I will go and make this sandwich, with bacon.

Also I think it sounds a lot stranger when you replace avocado with my name. Reading the first post makes me laugh now.

I mean, I have something useful to contribute to this thread, yes. I think a repeat squeezed one would work best. Nonetheless, it still suffers from not being builder proofed much at all.

8. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

It also suffers from being not pro-proof as far as I can tell. With very small hops, I think I could make it past every obstacle.

9. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Good trap, somewhat pricey.

That and I could just double bomb jump over it. Maybe the wall would help.

10. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

impractical trap, hurts allies, too simple for enemy when taking time/mats required into account

FliesLikeABrick likes this.