1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[203] Basic Workshops

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Jackard, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Reposting this into its own thread at request of Wyeth:

[​IMG]
    Always begin by building your Quarters right-to-left.

[​IMG]
    Add three tiles of your second workshop on the left side of your Quarters.

[​IMG]
    Build your third workshop left-to-right.

[​IMG]
    Add your finishing touches.

[​IMG]
    You could also do this instead, giving your archer a little safety to fire.

PS. The top right corner of your Quarters can be removed, it will still function.

BlueLuigi, Noburu and Wyeth like this.
  2. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

remember:
    • add quarters to your front wall, not behind your base. no one wants to run all the way back to start just for a quick heal
    • add arrow workshops to archer nests so they don't need to run back to resupply

3. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

A very nice straightforward structure, I especially like the last one, but at the same time I got something to improve:
    The empty column between Arrow Workshop and the overhang (in the second floor) does not serve any purpose. I think it can be left out and a single castle wall (that is the name of the stone blocks btw, not the name of the backgrounds which are called castle backwall for some reason)/castle backwall combination will result in this building being impossible to climb over for enemy archers, add a safe shooting spot for team archers (on enemies that are directly at the door that is) and a last resort gravity trap in case things get really tough (just cut the castle backwall).

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    -----[​IMG]--------[​IMG]
    so the very top of the buildings looks more like that.

Also this structure does work in the current build but will possibly stop working once they fix workshop overlapping (which will most likely be a while).
    Otherwise a simple nice to have structure that will help your team have a "safe spot" close to the battlefield.
    NEVER build a workshop without closing it off somehow, this goes tenfold for BOMB WORKSHOPS.

Also please "like" this structure if you think it should go into the overview, I think it should.

4. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

lol i didnt build that part. i normally add a back door for archer nests (just in case) adjacent to the workshop. you need a minimum 3-tile wide space to close doors on both sides, which suits a workshop perfectly