1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[203] Growth

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Wyeth, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

This is an odd structure with limited application and basically something that I personally CAN'T use a lot, because of the way my towers are setup normally. Think of this as an add on to a wide range of structures rather than a solitary object.

growth.png growthexp1.png

Normally closed off by either team doors on the right (comming directly out of a wall) or 2 trap bridges. Perks include:
    • Shadow for surprise attacks from archers/knights (dropping down).
    • Big lower firing arc for archers.
    • Arrow lobbing out of it is completely possible.
    • Minor cover against arrows.
    • Modular (I like to start either on the lower left or upper left and build this exact structure again -> can become "tree like" with mutliple branches)
    • Limited use as a makeshift gravity trap (think builder placing stones and chopping off bridges)
    This tower is best used very high up and should be integrated in a structure with a long vertical wall (see the right picture) . It is almost pointless to put this somewhere in jumping distance of enemies. You might also use teamdoors instead of stones. I prefer stones though as teamdoors are too expensive and the structure is too weak to justify such an expense.

Some specs:
    Wood: 120/140 (for the right one)/200 (with two team doors as entry)
    Stone: 20

2. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

I tend to make a roof of stone instead of the open trapdoor design. I usually use it as the main "entrance" in and out of my castle. It usually is an extension of an elevated gate. It provides solid arrow protection for those exiting the stronghold and the drop down effect from the shadows is pretty damn cool when you are going into battle.

3. knightl

knightl Base Burner

ah i lost many people to a team turtling with this its a great thing and if you make it go vertical and horizontal with doors you can hit from top and sides

4. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Everyone knows archer is a great defender.But what about knight?Can he actually defend his castle with something more clever than click-click?

This idea I got from custom death match map : it had similar structure which I used to ambush knights attacking our door.
    You damage guys for 1,5-1 hp on shieldbashing them,but I think that the fact that knight(or several knights) jump on top of you at the most unexpected moment can be really devastating by itself.

[​IMG]

Also,this is so easy to make.

EDIT Wyeth: Merged after request from the OP

Acavado and BlueLuigi like this.
  5. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

The only problem is that if you miss, or if they dodge or time a slash well, you're left stunned and damaged on the ground next to them. Still better than opening the door for them in some cases, I suppose.

6. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

The best thing is that this is a standard archer platform, so archers can shoot an arrow, stun the guy and then the knight can land and push him and finish him off, or vis versa.

7. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Door overhangs where you can do more than shoot down need to be more common, this is awesome (similar to 'Growth' though)

8. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

I've checked "growth" and now I think that this is practically copypaste of growth.Sad.
    If Im not mistaken it wasnt mentioned there that it can be used by knights to ambush,but oh well

9. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

It seems like somehing archers could use as well, as in just hide up there and snipe while knights can sheildbash.