1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[203] Hill Massacre

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Monsteri, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Idk why the name hill massacre.
    Fortifying hills is the most effective and cheapest way of building, if we don't mention skybridges.
    There can be lots of modifications from these buildings, mainly because the landscape will be a bit different in every map. But basically what there is good to be:
    -Hill covered with stone to prevent diggers
    -A doorway for your team, let it be teamdoors or drawbridges, but no ladders
    -If you don't have much teammates helping, it is good to make a stone tower like in the pictures
    -Overhangs to prevent bomb jumpers and arrow climbers
    - Archer shooting spot

daaaa.PNG

The ''stone tower'' needs more explaining I guess. In build 203, dropping stones will not destroy castle background that have ladders on them. This allows cheap traps, that are pretty damn effective, but that need someone to ''activate'' them.

How it works:
    Enemy attacking stone wall below > Cut the supporting castle background > Enemy dies

Can kill up to 200 enemies. (If it goes over 200, I'm quite sure the server will crash)

Agent_008, AJ, Stevedog and 6 others like this.
  2. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Very nice simple, straight forward construction, I would like to see more of these ingame :)

3. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

havent quite gotten the hang of this yet but it looks neat

4. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

I think this deserves recognition all on it's own, I didn't know this.

5. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Ditto. That's sneaky. I like it.

6. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Wow, that works pretty well.

7. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

it usually requires more stone than i possess. hope we get stockpiles

8. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Sometimes falling blocks wiggles to left or right.Have you seen it not going through gap,but damaging gap's edges?It happened with me twice.

9. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

fiddling with this

[​IMG]

10. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

This happens, it's for eyecandy. You shouldn't place the rock very far from the hole.
    That's neat! Yea, you can be very creative with these simple and easy-to-place constructions.

11. ComboBreaker

I've thought of some neat idea on this structure,but sadly,I dont have time to draw it right now,and I cant make it in-game as my KAG crashes for some odd reason.Maybe I'll get some free time tomorrow.

[​IMG]

12. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Monst there's one issue of the (I call it the Contrary Bomb Jump) holding your shield above your head as a knight and bomb jumping like that, that allows for HUGE distance coverage and height too.

13. ComboBreaker

Done!Basically its an outlaw son of Hill Massacre and Hillside trapmaster , but with a twist - you can snipe people under yourself with rocks or call rock exterminatus upon the enemy - all in a few clicks :

[​IMG]

I have a problem with free build now : every time I start using trapdoors my game crashes(only in free build),so this one was build right on the battlefield with limited resourses,alone.

It abuses glitch,that falling rock won't destroy background with ladder on it. [203]

Trap(blue):to drop a single rock, destroy background right under it.To drop down all rocks at once remove blocks with blue dots.(when you want an increased chance of hitting single target or when you want to destroy crowd)

Flaws(Red):Here's the flaws because I was building it alone and other engies were not helping,but spoiling it.
    1).Unfinished and thin roof - perfect target for catapilt
    2).Trapdoors stop rocks from falling down.Grr,stupid teammates!
    3).1 layer of rocks is not durable to keep this structure on.

14. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Next build it seems that dropping stones will be a lot better, they will drop faster, and some other things will change that might negate this, but as far as ComboBreaker's iteration goes, I like it, a lot. It needs to be thicker and will be cost heavy because of it, but being able to drop one at a time or all of them at once is very useful. Also really liking Jackard's iteration.

As for the superhero jump, you'll be able to get over any of these, you can cover so much ground and such a decent amount of height it's ridiculous.

15. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Yeah, trapdoors are known to crash the game in the editor.

16. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Its a nice base and trap.
    and itll stay that way until one of the builders starts to 'upgrade' it.

Miauw62 and Acavado like this.