1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[203] Modular Hill Castle

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Wyeth, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Okay this one is tricky. I like to build my castles out of "modules" so instead of building one set structure I thought about many modular pieces that I mix 'n' match depending on the situation.
    I gonna show my end setup building a castle on high ground. The modules I use are:

mod_hill_entryv1.png mod_quartv1.png mod_archerv1.png
    Hill Entry mod-----------WS mod--------Quarter mod

Combined it may look like this:

modular_castle.png

And yes I build castles like this in real games. I normally slowly add stuff as need be and scavenge the battlefield for parts. Obviously this only happens if we are stalemating long enough. I generally don't stand back and gather mat's until I get all I need, but always priorize helping my knights get over an obstacle (also I can scavenge stuff while we are at it, nothings better than a castle build of scavenged enemy structures :3)

Also these pics are slightly outdated, I modified the archer shutes to look like this:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

so that archers have a wider field of view and can actually even leave through the gap (squeezing).
    I will update the pics eventually.

CoughDrop and Monsteri like this.
  2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

It's quite neat. I am not sure if the second murder section (sounds like a clan name, lol) a top is needed, but that depends on terrain. If it's on a hill, which I think it is because of the name, you could go with only one. Of course it's not a problem otherwise, but doors are huge resource eaters.

The saved wood resources could be used for:
    -Making the ladders inside the castle drawbridges, because if enemies would breach, they couldn't heal themselves
    -Making the ladders in front of the castle drawbridges; wouldn't slow down bombs, [203] and wouldn't give the enemy easier access to destroy the doors.

3. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Yeah the ladders in the front were just a variation, its not part of the inhert design. Having several different well sheltered archer shutes can be really neat, but you are right its more of a luxury, I don't build them everytime either. The bomb WS I only even consider after making a completely closed structure like this, since a bomb WS in the enemy hands is destructive as hell. I myself jumped into enemy bomb WS often enough and caused indescribable mayhem in the enemy base.