1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[203] Modular Lane Castle

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Wyeth, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

This one is actually sort of an upgrade of the Linepiece I posted before, well it uses it as a base that is. It's again a "modular" building containing these modules:

mod_archerv1.png mod_quartv1.png mod_lane_entryv1.png
    ---WS mod-----------Quarter Mod------LaneEntry Mod

And also some other smaller structures like Devil's Basin and a small Airblade:

mod_airbladev1.png lane_basev2.png lane_basev1.png

Here three iterations of this castle.
    The thing on the top is a variation (a small "airblade" build into the structure to catch bomb jumpers) and the thing before the entry area is a little trap.

Also see my thread "[203] Modular Hill Castle" for an explanation on the outdated archer shutes.

==V2==
    Here is an upgrade after investigating the needs of archers a little more:
    lanecastle_v2.png
    The base is a little destructed allready (enemies tunnled through and came from the back.
    Anyways, I think this design of archer shutes is quite better than the old one or the second one. The archer can pretty much wherever the hell he wants with maximum security (stone holds off attacks nicely, if you want to shoot in something that is obscured by the stone you can get down on the ladders and shoot from there). I tried making it so that the archer gets hindered as little as possible and keeps a large angle to fire from. Another good part about this is that knights can easily drop down from the window now (without bugging through the 1 block wide gap) and the stone can easily be used as a makeshift gravity trap in case of a huge assault.

Noburu and BlueLuigi like this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This is very nice use of many of the different types of structures you've posted. I've always been a fan of modular building, so I'm really enjoying these you've been posting I can't wait to use them.

3. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Added V2 according to information gathered in the archer subforum.

4. These are really cool and interesting, keep posting :P