1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[2119] Guide to ARCS

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Abominas, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Abominas

Abominas Horde Gibber

Greetings, it's me Abominas, or "****ing fag camper" archer man.
    When my good mouse broke last year, I had to use a really bad bluetooth mouse for everything. Really spazzy, and it adjusted signal strength in the middle of my mouse pad, freezing for half a second. It was terrible, I couldn't play aggressively as archer anymore. I got pretty good at running away like a bitch. While I was camping, I learned how to shoot "arcs:"
    [​IMG]
    (that's what this guide is about)
    --Arcs--
    When I say "arc", I'm referring to a half-charged arrow, or "half-shots" as they're called in KAG.
    [​IMG]
    Arcs are so rarely used because of KAG's counter-intuitive arrow trajectory. Arrows aren't affected by gravity for the first second or so of their flight. Still, it's possible to learn how to land almost every shot.
    For hitting a target at the same height as you, the rule of thumb is to aim at the top of the screen, slightly less than halfway between you and your target.
    [​IMG]
    I keep my eye on the target and use my peripheral vision to aim halfway between. Practice on trees, flowers, anything on varying heights until you can "feel" what the right aim is.
    [​IMG]
    You can use the "Save the Princess" mode to practice:
    [​IMG]
    Eventually you will be able to hit the same target while moving!
    [​IMG]
    Don't worry, you don't need this kind of accuracy in a real game. You just need to be able to predict generally where an arc will land so that you can use them for zoning and combos.

-When to use Arcs-
    In a real match, you won't only use arcs to get kills. You'd get nowhere. You have to combo: If an enemy is camping in a hard to reach spot, shoot an arc to hit them. Immediately start charging your next shot. If the arc misses, you'll still have caused them to move. The arc acts as your covering fire. If the arc hits, the enemy will probably be "shocked" from your amazing LeBron Kobe shot that you just made, so finish them off.
    In this combo, the "archer" is camping on the left tree.
    [​IMG]
    Other uses:
    -If a knight is chasing you, they will most likely be shield surfing at you to catch up. Aim an arc that will land close to you, then grapple away. Best case, the knight runs right into the arrow. Or, he'll wait until the arc hits the ground, during which time you can escape.
    -Use arcs to zone enemies. If you're fighting an archer around a loop in the terrain, aim an arc that will land on the other side. You'll force the archer to avoid, hopefully grappling and losing his shot.
    -Aim a few arcs at a fighting group. Knights don't expect to have to shield their heads.

I'm not saying go and camp like me. I'm trying to play more aggressively now that I've got a new mouse. Ironically, you should use arcs to take out campers. If more people could aim arcs, I wouldn't have camped nearly so well in tdm. Have fun!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Great job on tutorial will do some training today since my mouse is fucked up too ::D: It's not that usefull skill to master for me but bitches love dem half-shots

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  3. TheBloodOfNight

TheBloodOfNight Base Burner

[​IMG]

4. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I almost always arc shot, its the best way to inflict alot of damage

Eluded likes this.
  5. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Just so you know, they're generally referred to as half-shots in KAG. The even-less charged shots are called quarter-shots.

And yea, using half-shots is very very effective. You get the same damage from a half-shot as you do from a full shot, so you should aim to use half shots almost always in mid-range battles to maximise DPS.

Eluded and JaytleBee like this.
  6. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

First time i see "quartera-shots" actually, more like spam-shots/spamming arrows?

7. Abominas

Abominas Horde Gibber

I was going to call "half charged arrows" "half-shots" originally, but changed it so perhaps more newbs could understand what I meant. I'll add that to the post, though.

8. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Gentlemen please, it's "half mast" and "flaccid" arrow shots :wink:

Thanks for the guide, definitely need some practice in arc trajectory and this helps tons ::):

epsilon, Abominas and PUNK123 like this.
  9. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I would love to see some gifs of this in action in multiplayer to describe the situations you've described.

Koveltskiis likes this.