1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Confirmed Engine KAG [2248] FPS drops significantly after joining through steam, forcing a restart.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by an_obamanation, Jun 29, 2017.

1. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Category: KAG Client

Operating system: Windows 10

Build number: 2248

Description: If you join someone through steam using "join game", KAG will stop working once you go back to the main menu. It isn't a crash (AFAIK) but is basically one because you have to restart KAG.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open up steam without opening up KAG (Haven't tested when KAG is running and you try to join, will do so in a minute and edit post.) ((EDIT: Attempts at joining while KAG is running have proved fruitless, I simply get an error telling me to make sure the server is running. I can join the same server from the server browser just fine though, as well as through steam if KAG is not already running.))
    2. Select a friend that's playing KAG and hit "join game"
    3. Leave the game and go back to the main menu (EDIT: You actually have to go to the server browser after leaving the game and THEN back to the main menu, this has triggered it without fail for me now.), it should act as though the frame rate is abysmal and will give you no buttons to click for singleplayer, multiplayer, etc.
    Screenshots/Videos:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hrm. No idea what's going on here but I'll put it on the list.