1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[228] Meat Grinder (Co-op)

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by BlueLuigi, Dec 5, 2011.

1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This is a trap made almost specifically for Co-op, or against bots.

It works ridiculously well.

[​IMG]

Rules for using it:
    If you are being chased, jump OVER don't walk through.

If builders are stuck inside, you move forward (but do not OPEN the trap), and then you move back. Moving back sort of 'drags' the bots towards you, they think you are running away and chase you.

If you stand still they will get anxious and start to break the trap.

If you stand on TOP of the trap they will aim to get UP to you.

do not. You stand to the left of the trap, and never go above it, ever while it is occupied.

Any 'materials' the people drop end up on top where you can safely grab it. When everyone is gone from the trap you can collect the coins.

I have many modifications of this for hills and such but it works best on straight flat land.

SirSalami likes this.
  2. PaperBox

PaperBox Shipwright

3. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Its not the same... this is just two rows of spikes on top and bottom. Acavado spikes are special in the way that they open up and only become harmful when an enemy is near (or at least that they change function once an enemy gets close).

GhostyS likes this.
  4. PaperBox

PaperBox Shipwright

then wont the people just walk past the spikes and destroy the door?

5. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Thats why he says its a trap for coop mode :) NPC's can't walk past that he is explaining that in his OP... have you ... read it?

6. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Nice one, I like it.

7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I explained the trap a bit better in the Death Funnel topic. Hilarious you beat me to the punch though, just noticed this :)

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

That's still, a different trap.

Notice I have spikes on top and on bottom.

NPCs walk towards you, their regular path finding leads them to try to jump between the door and the stone (As you would leave the typical Acavado style version that people think it is, you can squeeze yourself out), due to the spikes being there they instead get smacked back down, in an Acavado style version they just get smacked back down, in this version they get smacked into spikes then into more spikes,etc, die pretty fast. I found that with the Acavado AI builders get around to it remove the top spike and it's no longer dangerous, with this one and more spikes to remove, they die faster (And these are enemies with 12 hearts mind you) so they can never get around to breaking the trap, the door in front? Replace/Repair it every few times.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.