1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[228] Simple Door

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Dallas-13, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Dallas-13

Dallas-13 Shopkeep Stealer

Here is a simple door structure. I haven't seen it done by others in the game or in the forums. It won't kill anyone unless they are reckless but it'll stall most knights and/or wound them. This design also works great as an overhang to a cliff. The top can be built up more to include an archer loft or whatever the situation calls for.
    What it's made with:
    86 wood
    100 stone excluding the back walls. (130 walls included)

The amount of stone can be cut back even further by not including a stone floor. Just make sure that the block with the spike is one spot higher than the next block else your own teammates will be victim to the spike.

EDIT Wyeth: Read stickies. Also don't post whole screenshots if not necessary.

Attached Files:

• Door.JPG
      Door.JPG
      File size:
      69.1 KB
      Views:
    BlueLuigi and Rambo like this.
  2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

One knight bomb = bye bye door, good idea but it's not ideal.

acridstone and BlueLuigi like this.
  3. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I see that type of door all of the time. It's not much special and easy to get through.

4. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

I made a really long comprehensive post about this, then accidentally deleted all of it when trying to dl your picture...
    The gist of it was: I cannot believe that no one has posted this yet more clearly as its own structure and there are really only 2 instances of this on the forums even though me and others have been using it forever. Good call.

But - there is always a but - You can upload a file and check "full image" which makes the thing much more visible (doesn't involve clicking on it). Before you do that though, cut your image out a bit, don't post whole screenshots if you can help it. This is even mentioned somewhere.
    I don't quite understand why you shift your doors one block to the right like that? Doesn't seem very effective to me, or at least in no way better than leaving them where they are?
    The castle walls on the ground create a ledge, which makes knights more aware of their surroundings. Mostly if you actively have to jump on something to proceed you pay WAY more attention to it then if you can simply walk on spikes. Don't get me wrong castle wall on the ground is needed to stop easy digging, but try to put it directly in the ground so that there is no ledge to jump on.

I gonna leave some pictures here to update the OP with:
    Newiconpic.png [​IMG]

5. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Could do with an archer nest above it too, with the door overhung like that you can;t have 1 tile of team bridge hangung over the top to shoot down infront of the door, dunno if team bridge is regarded as been inferior to team door for that purpose though since a well timed bomb could be thrown up through it, but it's much simpler for the archer who can be more mobile if it;s a team bridge.

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I'm pretty sure the qualifier Simple means that he made it as simple as possible, like the linepiece for example.

sj67 likes this.
  7. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I'd never come across the word in my 24 or so years of speaking English but thanks for clearing that up. But given that it's not the simplest structure for it's application, replacing 1 of the tiles with a team door to provide an archers window, putting 1 or 2 sections of team door on an overhang to provide a way of shooting down on the entrance/give knights a way of attacking other knights from front and back with greater effect, and putting 1 block of spikes to cause a bit of a problem for knights trying to break the doors in without a builder around aren't exactly the most intricate of modifications.

8. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I'd be able to deal with it cause of vaulting, but newbies won't, fairly decent door. Though like Valky said, weak to bombs, theres plenty of spots you can slide them in.