1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[274] The Auri Suprise

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Auri, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Hippo

Hippo Shark Slayer

This is possibly the best trap I have ever seen.
    I just fell for this on Action CTF Unlimited, and it kept us in place for a while until our builder removed the stone and completed the tunnel.
    I'm a bit cautious about using this in-game though, because of the uninformed builder who might think that it was some kind of griefing attempt. And I bet you an 80% chance that if I tell them to leave it alone, their reply won't be anything like "OK, I understand and will immediately stop ruining the trap".

2. feet

feet Bison Rider

It's good until, like someone said before, some noobs run into it while getting chased by a knight, opening the team doors and letting the knight see the dead end. The knight then team chats to everyone about his discovery and there goes the usefulness of the trap

Auri likes this.
  3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yeah, and everyone always removes it calling me noob and telling me to go to learn to build.. And then they place there a stack of ground-level doors.. sigh

Ej and Rayne like this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Put a ladder trigger on the backside of it

5. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Bugs ruined my constructure :
    Arrow slits allow knights to "charge-squueze" out.This is so lame,that words cannot describe it.

Im thinking of remaking it while still beeing able to trap knights inside.If anyone will think of anything clever,I'll be thankfull.

How not to let these bugers glitch out from their prison?

6. BlueLuigi

Glitches are caused when you make that cross shape , make sure there is one tile between the stone and the top split so you don't make the 'cross'.

7. DarkHairedIrish

DarkHairedIrish Shopkeep Stealer

This is a great idea in theory. In reality, (or at least my opinion) you'd have to be a very stupid knight to slash through a stack of team doors. Normally I'd have a builder ladder up or bomb jump if I can.

8. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

A good knight helps his friends get in also.
    That's why you break doors.

9. BlueLuigi

We can jump if we want to
    We can leave your friends behind
    'Cause your friends don't jump and if they don't jump
    Well they're no friends of mine
    Bombjump just doesn't rhyme :d

feet, Noburu, ComboBreaker and 2 others like this.
  10. DarkHairedIrish

DarkHairedIrish Shopkeep Stealer

Bombjump doesn't ryhme and see what I quoted below. But yes helping friends get through is good too.

If its only 2 or 3 thick I'd break it. Other wise...

11. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

finetrap5.png

2 block floor will exclude ANY possibility of cheap squeezing.Block which prevents you from closing trap gets removed in 1 hit,and it is immune to knight's slashes.

finetrap6.png

Cheap and more derpy design.Knight cannot make " + " shaped hole here if floor is protected with stone.But it looks ugly and kinda...Suspicious?
    But its cheaper as well.

12. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

This is a funny one. And what about adding a trap with spikes? if you put backwall below those half doors and spikes on the ground, it could be nice. Not below the first door, from the 2nd. AMA TRY IT