1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[319] Catching Arrows?

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Hellsteeth, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Ostricheggs

Ostricheggs Shipwright

does holding down right click work? I could've sworn I caught an arrow midair as I was holding right click to pick up arrows yesterday. There was a gap in between a couple of arrows and in that gap I'm pretty sure I caught one.

Anyways I'm not so sure it's possible to effectively master arrow catching due to projectile lag. I've tried it many a time before, but often times it's just better to either hit the dirt or charge up another of your own and hope you dont get hit.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Holding rightclick doesn't work as you think, holding right click will keep going through entire thing, so say it's 6 frames long and out of 2 frames you are catching it will repeat those 6 frames and you will have 1/3 chance of catching the arrow holding it down this way. Timing is much more excellent.

acridstone likes this.
  3. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

With other words, holding down right mouse button is a noob way to catch arrows. :p

4. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

T'is awesome idea though i dont think it will be implemented. BombByArrowConceptArt.png

BlueLuigi and masonmistel like this.
  5. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I just did this in the last game I played on the MOLE server. Hahaha. It would have killed me and in desperation I right clicked. CAUGHT NUKKASSSSS.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  6. FG

FG Fran Donator

lol i get hit by arrows but it doesnt damage me sometimes. its only when i have full hearts

7. Hellsteeth

Hellsteeth Catapult Fodder

You can already shoot bombs can't you? I'm sure i've both seen it done and done it myself...

8. GrimWaltz

I thought so too... :p

9. koko11998

koko11998 Haxor

You can only shoot KEGs. It doesn't work with bombs. (i think so lol)

10. GrimWaltz

Better have some concrete evidence. I'm pretty sure I've shot a few. :p But I can't provide evidence yet. Thinking something doesn't help in this matter. :p

11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I've tried shooting them on the edge and it didn't seem to work, feel free to dump one on the floor and try shooting it while looking at the timer, requires 2 people obviously.

12. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

Im pretty sure you cant...

13. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Wyeth and I tested under multiple conditions.No premature explosions.

Myth busted.

14. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Also this is a thread on catching arrows... is there something about this subforum that prevents people from making new threads or using the general archer discussion thread?

Nothing changed on catching arrows from 319 to 354, so really no discussion there anymore.

15. GrimWaltz

Yes it does :p
    Nah, not really, but since we were on that topic anyway, I thought we should go on. And now that that's cleared up, everything falls back into place. :p

16. @shooting bombs
    You still can shoot knights shielding and camping with bombs.

My face when they get stunned at 10.

17. ITROLLEDU

ITROLLEDU Ballista Bolt Thrower

:P I tryed it it works! :D

18. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

even better: shoot a knight when his bombs are about to explode...
    (thats what she said...)

ITROLLEDU and Bammboo like this.
  19. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Shooting knights right before the bomb goes off is quite fun, so is shooting a keg.

Gofio likes this.
  20. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Me and arcite were attempting a lot of arrow catching on my server the other day and we got some awesome catches and went through our lives like crazy. We figured that the best way to perform a setup of catching arrows is by getting the opposite team player to shoot an arrow full charged into the air at a bit of an angle and then the catcher stands near where they think it'll land and jump into it and right click just before it hits you. We also managed to get a few straight impact catches :3
    We died alot in the testing :P