1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[319] Catching Arrows?

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Hellsteeth, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Actually it is possible. You just have to time it right. Obviously you do get damaged if you do it incorrectly. But you can still pick it up mid-air. Great way of gathering arrows if you have quarters nearby. Fully charged arrows are harder. Just need good reflexes and timing.

2. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

The only way i found to remotely close to be catching it in mid-air flight, is that one of the opposing archer's arrows get's lodged into you, with that glitch, while you're jumping.

I've also tried this "arrow catching" the legit way, it doesn't work.

3. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Incorrect. It does work. Tried and tested technique. Many people use it.

NightRaid104 likes this.
  4. lots of ppl i vs in death matches try and succeed some times but most of the time their just catching my arrows with their faces
    </br>--- merged: Jan 16, 2013 1:01 PM ---</br>
    btw when u say 'the legit way' can u describe what u did im curious *w*

Force likes this.
  5. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

Multiple ways, getting some on to shoot me, then i try to "ride" the arrow while pressing R-click to pick it up, getting him to shoot above me while doing the same. So many ways.

6. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Nevertheless it does work.

7. hmm? i just run at the arrow and try to get a bit ahead of it so it just misses me or jump back at the same rate as the arrow flying at me then try catching it. works for me 30-40% of the time as a last chance kinda thing in battels XD

8. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Before you say it is a "tried and tested technique" supply evidence. Make a video with you doing it

9. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Yes. If i have time.

10. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

I used to throw a few arrows in the air and catch them before they hit the ground, to celebrate at the round's end or just to kill time.
    However I have tried it recently, and noticed that it doesn't work anymore... or at least it's not easy as I thought it was.
    Next time I'll go Archer, I'll try.

11. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Yeh ive noticed too. But I still think it will work. Its just harder.