1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[319] How to Vault Like an Esteemed Professional

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Bracket, Nov 20, 2011.

1. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

For anyone who doesn't know: You can do this "vaulting" with another Knight partner. Just have Knight A shield up, Knight B runs towards Knight A, jumps, and essentially is vaulted up.

illu likes this.
  2. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

You can also sorta vault up with a ladder and drawbridge by jumping up to them and then keeping going upwards. I think you'll go higher than you would if you just jumped off the tip of them.

3. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

In the physics of KAG, vaulting makes sense. Actually it's a direct product of those most basic elements unique to KAG. If you delve deep enough you'll probably be unable to find anything in the game that makes sense in real life or follows it's laws completely; it's not so much about making sense as making enough sense to be acceptable e.g. no, slashing someone in the foot causes your team base to collapse; no, jumping over a block makes you explode. And even then we'd be okay with that. Though it would be terrible, that particular feature. It's up to the developers to chose at what level of reality they will adhere to. So I guess up to the devs whether they want to keep this in. To me, it fits well, vaulting does, in the game. It doesn't make me pause. I never thought KAG was realistic in the first place and I don't expect it to be either. 2D, pixel arty characters and stuff.

Miczu likes this.
  4. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I had a guy argue with me on my Rapid server today that I was glitching because I could vault up to places and reach him and I kept bomb jumping...

I agree with Neat, bomb jumping is definitely a feature.

5. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

The part where you can channel all of a bomb's energy into your jump simply by shielding upwards makes no sense though. I mean... I'm HOLDING the bomb, but it doesn't hurt me. It's amusing and useful, but seems like a noob barrier, or whatever people called vaulting in this thread, since it's so nonsensical. The Training area's gonna need an Advanced Techniques section pretty soon. :P

Bammboo and GrimWaltz like this.
  6. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I'm pretty fond of this. I always assumed it was a product of wall-climbing physics.

Also, great guide. It's never occured to me to do one for this.

7. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

What? You mean they're going to take away the loveliness that is vaulting?? :eek:

:(

8. Noburu

I know, it adds so much to the game and you really only need to build a tower one block higher to prevent it.

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Exactly! And as a number of people have pointed out - it's really easy to learn in-game by yourself. It may not have been intentional, but it really adds to the whole Parkour element of KAG - which is (imho) one of it's most endearing/rewarding features.

10. Auri

Auri Tunnel Addict Donator Tester

[​IMG]
    You can also vault directly upwards using trap doors like this.

It only works if you're only pressing up and not toward the wall.

Ej, FuzzyBlueBaron and Wyeth like this.
  11. Tyrianstrasz

Tyrianstrasz Shopkeep Stealer

This also works if you're coming at the lower bridge from the left and jump up with forward momentum, so you grab the side of the bridge and vault upwards.

Ej likes this.
  12. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Thanks to the help of Blueluigi, I've realised that vaulting 4 high walls doesn't actually require a block to vault off of. Here's how to do it:

Walk into a wall, and keep walking
    [​IMG]

While still walking in that direction, jump over the wall
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You have about half a second to jump after walking into the wall.

13. Noburu

Thanks BlueLuigi. I have done this on accident a few times and wasnt quite sure how. Im sure many shouts of "hacks" will now ensue :D

EDIT: Haha sorry Wyeth was very tired at the time :D

14. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Actually, I learned this thanks to AJ I believe ;)

(If we're following the learned by)

AJ likes this.
  15. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

SO MANY QUIRKS TO UNDERSTAND!!! I think that's actually a good thing though.

Noburu and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  16. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

Nice guide! Now I can vault like a BOSS too!

17. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

I would sincerely love if corner jumping was left it. It was such an awesome unintentional bug that adds so much to the gameplay. It made navigating the enviroment totally different for people who figured it out. I can fluidly overcome a lot of things that I couldn't without it or would have to dig as a knight. With it, I feel such a nice sense of accomplishment when I use it. Much like when I get a knight ladder up and sit on the corner of the ledge shielding up so he can get up too. It just gives me a really nice feeling when we thumbs up each other then die to a stray bomb.

So I kinda derailed my own post, but Vaulting should remain a feature. Is there anything to be said for getting together and asking Geti to keep it in?

18. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Wait say what?I actually did something?WTF IS HAPPENING!?!?

19. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Edging as I tend to call it, for landing, jumping off of things, vaulting in specific ways, dropping as a knight parachuting is amazing in all rights. If you parachute edge drop you can land a whole 2-3 tiles lower, safer, than you can if you do it normal, it's insane how much edging is important, you can jump a tile higher even, land on any spikes safely, it's crazy.

I might be an okay knight but I'm a beast at platforming now thanks to jump maps I can platform through most castles with ease.

potatomcwhiskey likes this.
  20. There is another method o vaulting which, I believe, wasn't described here. I call it backward accelerated vault.
    This method uses the fact that you can "jump back" to a block you've just jumped from.
    Pics show this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So basically it's almost as overpowered as vault showed by Eggnogg.

And, just for notice, pictures don't match because I took first four from fragment of video involving unsuccessful vault jump and the last one is taken from successful. My bad, but I think this isn't important.