1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[319] Making arrows effectively!

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Flaque, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Flaque

Flaque Catapult Fodder

I want to show you how to make arrows without destroying a lot of trees. I get pissed off every time I see an archer cutting down a whole forest for a few arrows. Guys, seriously, there is a way to get much more arrows from a tree. You don’t have to be such assholes for builders.

For example, if you have a tree 10 blocks high, by cutting it in a common (uneconomical) way you’d get 30 arrows. Making arrows from the same tree with “my” technique would give you 48 arrows. That’s a difference, huh?

Instead of cutting the trunk, right-click twice 1 block above it, then cut the trunk completely. Repeat all the way through! Trunks don’t inherit their health from the blocks above, so it looks like the block above the trunk gets healed every time you cut down the basis.

[​IMG]

2. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

"If you hit the tree trunk block above the base two times, then destroy the base, the almost-broken part of trunk will revert to state of undamaged. Use this method to gain 5 arrows per one trunk, given you have at least one block of tree trunk above the base. --Kurohagane"

This is on the Big Archer Guide, Post 2 quote 3.

So yeah, I do this all the time. Works really well!

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  3. Filio

Filio Shopkeep Stealer

I hate everybody who doesn't do this when I tell them how to.
    They just don't care. :/

BlueLuigi likes this.
  4. DarkHairedIrish

DarkHairedIrish Shopkeep Stealer

It may be in The Big Archer Guide but this really deserves its on thread. Way more people need to do this. Now we need to stop archers from gathering 500 arrows and dieing instantly, then repeating that process

5. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Usually I hit 2 times the lowest parts of the tree and move on.If there is an arrow shop nearby these 10 arrows will soon turn into 30-40.It lets builders to instacut trees,getting same ammount of wood in no-time.

Sadly,everyone just ignores it,but I do it anyway.If I'll die as archer I can switch to builder and start wih 100 wood instantly.

6. DarkHairedIrish

DarkHairedIrish Shopkeep Stealer

That's another good strategy. Helpful to the builders if they know how to use it.

7. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Sadly, teamwork and strategies seem useless to players of the game.

8. bilbs

bilbs KAG Guard Tester

I would do this, but I usually just hold right+click and press esc. Auto-farm.

9. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Builder Stabber

Until you run out of tree... it's not overly effective...

10. Naime

Naime Drill Rusher

Thats a cool method,
    but better be a front archer, hurt em, get the coins, collect the arrows and buy some.

Unfortunatly, I see the other archers chopping off trees for houuuuuuuuurs, running to the front and getting killed.

Well...

11. cykalu

cykalu Shopkeep Stealer

If the map allows you to, collect about 10-15 arrows in base, then on the way to the battlefield, jump between trees, and as you're jumping to the next tree, have your mouse placed in front of your character and right click to collect arrows. If done right, you won't hit yourself off the tree. Shaving some precious time.

12. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Hmmm I was just doing this earlier today, and it seems like its nerf'd now. Correct me if I'm wrong.

13. Filio

Filio Shopkeep Stealer

It's not...
    The trunk turns into a stump once it's at the bottom of the tree, healing it.
    So it still works.