1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[349] Shredder

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Wyeth, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

THIS STRUCTURE IS A VERY SIMILIAR TO ACAVADOS PIT SHOWN IN CORNER SPIKES!

In this build or maybe for a longer time now a structure I would call the shredder, if it hasn't been named yet, works. In prior builds this constallation would also have an effect but be far less devastating, now it basically reduces someone from 3 hearts to 0 with not a lot being done about it. It is deadlier than corner spikes, but only by a bit. The only way to survive it is to fall PERFECTLY through the middle (so that you won't hit any spikes on the way down since you are at that 1 pixel wide blind spot).

:castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::castle_bg:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    Stone: 104

It doesn't look very special, you can add stone floors if you wish. Mostly anyone falling inside will be shredded to pieces (completely with gibbing) from 3 hearts down to 0.
    I was using a variation of this for a different building, that I will refer to as the "Big Shredder" it is not quite as potent as the shredder but it traps people inside and they can't get out without killing themselves (it also wounds them on the way in):

:castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::spikes_bg::castle_bg::spikes_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::castle_bg:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    Stone: 122

Or a safer version:
    :castle_bg::spikes_bg::castle_bg::spikes_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::spikes_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::castle_bg:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    Stone: 132

Same goes for the small shredder, but since people usually don't survive falling into the small shredder its not really necessary to make preparations for the case that someone is actually trapped down there.
    There is literally no reason to use the big shredder instead of the small one most of the time. I only thought I would share it anyways if someone needs a 3 block wide pit that kills things effectively.

2. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

Just tested this and it works really well. With it being small it is also much easier to make outside a mid base which is amazingly awesome.

3. Sarmane

Sarmane Go Tau'va yourself San Diego. Donator

is it possible to add a trap bridge to the middle of the larger shredder to help nub players (i.e. myself) from escaping?

edit: as in remove the middle spike from the ground floor and add one/two brigdes?

4. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Go!
    (Also gibbing is induced by being killed by at least .5 hearts more than the life you had, so it seems it does over 4 hearts damage.)

Acavado likes this.
  5. Wyeth

If its possible its possible... but just adding a trap bridge to the top of the little shredder makes it almost impossible to fall in (except if an enemy is occupying it... which normally never happens)

But to answer your question... with a drawbridge on the bottom you could do that jump platform trick and probably jump out of the shredder again. I don't really see why anyone would want to use the more expensive/less effective version except if you have a specific reason to need a 3 blocks wide version instead of 2 blocks.

6. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

i think this was called an Acavado trp. not sure. but this works AMAZING. also this is a good shredder
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :spikes_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_wall::bridge::castle_bg::castle_wall::bridge::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    it can be upgraded, but this a basic one. Just dont jump -.-'

7. Wyeth

Nah, an Acavado Spike or Acavado Trap is a trap consisting of reorienting spikes on trap bridges.

8. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

Sadly people know these and refuse to jump. Every time I make one knights just sit outside them not jumping...it always makes me feel so good to watch them die to them...

9. mraider94

mraider94 Shipwright

:castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :spikes_bg: :spikes_bg::spikes_bg:
    :dirt_bg: :bridge::castle_bg:

put this on top of the big shredder and they will have to fall

BlueLuigi likes this.
  10. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

You're right Wyeth . . . They don't have a name, other than a generic one, Corrner Spikes. I've actually known about this type of thing since that build, but I thought after it (after elevator glitch was removed) that they became less effective. Apparently I was wrong. :p

Although I was building them with spaces, and it becomes somewhat team safe when you place bridges, like so:
    They are no longer safe in this build, I remember trying them recently . . . Oh well. Anyway I had something like this:
    [​IMG]

But with team bridges in the slots, that used to make it team safe.

Attached Files:

11. Wyeth

Yeah I just realized this has a lot similarity to acavados building shown in "Corner Spikes". Sorry about that I will put it up in the head

12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This was due to before corner spikes not working but 2x1 corner spikes working, now that both work these are no longer safe. :(

Corner spikes:
    :spikes:
    :blank::castle_wall:

2x1 Corner Spikes:
    :spikes:
    :blank::blank::castle_wall: