1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[354] Ranges and Angles

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Wyeth, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Me and Killatron were just testing a little bit for fun and came up with a few numerical values in terms of ranges and angles, I guess it doesn't really matter which angles you need to aim at to hit your target (archers will simply get that in muscle memory and from then on forward they can or cannot hit things just like that).

Non the less some somewhat accurate values in terms of aiming angles and how it corrosponds to ranges.
    We tested on max range and medium range on the three different levels of charge. We also tested how to hit the medium range mark with a lobbed shot (hitting max range with a lobbed shot is obviously not possible, it IS possible to get further than medium range with lobbing, but then there is the question at what point a normal shot becomes a lob?)

All values are horizontal distance, with flat ground, from your position. Angles are calculated from the your body center (horizontal shot).

============================
    Gray level (lowest charge, 2 dots):
    Max Range: 15 blocks
    Required angle: ~ 45°

Medium Range: 8 blocks
    Required angle: ~ 7°
    Required angle for lob: ~ 75°

Red level (medium charge, 2+ dots, not full charge):
    Max Range: 40 blocks
    Required angle: ~ 45°

Medium Range: 20 blocks
    Required angle for lob: ~ 75°

Gold level (maximum charge, full dots):
    Max Range: 70 blocks
    Required angle: ~ 35°

Medium Range: 37 blocks
    Required angle for lob: ~ 70°

As you can see here, the angles required for red and gray level shots are the same, only the max range shot for gold level shots and lobs do not work as expected.
    Maybe someone finds this interesting, or has something to add to this.

Have fun.

Bunnyboy, Eggnogg, Madoka and 2 others like this.
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I think I know why fully charged shots are different. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the added speed that charged arrows have. Weaker shots never really slow down, if you look at them, they stay the same speed through out (their velocity stays the same). On the other hand fully charged shots actually slow down over time. For the first 40 or so blocks (the exact distance can be researched later, but that's the distance I think Foxodi posted somewhere), they are really fast and "charged". They also don't drop during this time frame at all, they just go almost perfectly straight. After that they change speeds to a normal red arrow. So it continues on in the same rate, and falls at the same rate as a regular arrow uncharged red arrow. Because of this, you get the most distance by having it as far horizontal as you can, while taking in consideration the fall distance at the end.

Eggnogg, Ostricheggs and cmblast like this.