1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

360 tower

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vania, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Vania

Vania Guest

[​IMG]

So this is a tower designed for Build 90.

Features:
    -not very expensive.
    -6 tiles thick wall.
    -door-ladder
    -layered wall so that the enemy is never safe from arrows.
    -2 archer nests for 360 degrees of death. The enemy can never attack your walls safely.
    -very easy and cheap to repair.

Wall of doors:
    Doors are cheap now, just 40 wood.
    A wall of doors allows you to repair your tower with just the wood you get from the outpost. Also, a builder can easily repair the outermost layer of the wall without having to break inner layers and without exposing himself by going outside.
    After many weeks of playing I've learned that the stronger towers are not the thickest ones, but the ones that are easier to repair.
    It's very important that the outer layer is a wall and not doors!!! Otherwise you teammates will go through there and let the enemy inside!!!

Door ladder:
    I'm beginning to see door ladders a lot in games.
    Their biggest advantage is that your allies cannot let enemies in inadvertedly!

Archer's nest:
    The nest has two parts, one for shooting down and one for jump-shooting above.
    The ladder in the lower part allows the archer to shoot and hide very quickly, thus making him harder to kill.

Layered wall:
    The layered wall may look weird (in fact lots of players dont understand it and try to fill the gaps), but it makes the tower much stronger because enemy knights can never attack the walls safely.

360:
    It costs the same to make the tower strong from behind too, so why not do it?
    If you have an outpost on top of the tower it's definitely worth it to take some precautions

Optional:
    If you see someone building a catapult nearby remember to add a roof.

Remember to always build on bedrock.
    (Also remember never to build background wall on top of bedrock because when it explodes all your support will be destroyed)

2. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

I really like the layered wall thing, the problem is teammates. I can never build one without someone trying to fill the gaps and usually succeeding to the point where it's completely ruined.

3. Vania

Vania Guest

Yeah I have the same problem... people just dont get it. What you can do is try to build it very fast without the doors, and add the doors after.

I have tested the door-wall in a couple games and it works very very well.
    It's so easy to repair your wall after a suicide bomb run, in just seconds you can completely restore your wall.
    After a while they gave up and made a tunnel instead!

4. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

This is a really nice design, but I don't understand the dead end doorway. Is it so that if an enemy has captured your outpost in the top floor you can shoot underneath them as an archer?

5. Vania

Vania Guest

No, the dead end doorway is for repairs. A builder can use that doorway to repair the outer wall and fix any doors that may have been destroyed. By making it a deadend you force teammates to take a different path so that they dont let enemies in.

6. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

Ah yes, that's what I assumed. Great idea!

7. Swaggernuts

Swaggernuts Guest

Would you please post this structure on my [KoM] Structure List thread. And refrain from posting a thread about an entire stucture you made. If you want to post a cool structure, post it on my thread please. Im trying to cut down on the massive spam of Stucture threads that will soon arrive.

8. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

What exactly is the specific benefit of layering walls? I assume it makes doorway bombs less deadly?
    As well as making it4 harder to open all doors at once (accidentally letting enemies in)

9. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It means archers can shoot down into it if knights start breaking in.

10. Vania

Vania Guest

You should ask for it to be stickied, otherwise there's no point really...