1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[422] Trap bridge vault

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Oscar355, Jun 17, 2012.

?

Have you ever been annoyed by this same topic?

1. Yes

64.3%
  2. No

35.7%
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yes, starting on the 4th tile is indeed best, and I'd suggest you don't need to space every one out every 2, just the first one really or every other one. I still much prefer using the method Monsteri posted or similar methods of vaulting into a door notch as it's harder to break it open. The downside of course being that someone good with bombs can do it easily or disable your way up by bombing the tile above or below it (you can still get up but it's hard)..

I tend to prefer:
    :door:
    :castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::bridge::bridge:
    :castle_wall::bridge: :castle_wall::dirt:
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    Bombchute to eat bombs, 2 bridges to vault off of, the bombchute can eat a few bombs before losing it's purpose, of course people who are good at throwing will never fall for the bombchute but it's good nonetheless in case.

killatron46, PumpkingSlice and Rayne like this.
  2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

This takes way more time to build though, since you have to dig the pit down there. Every second you're digging, you could be building.
    Wouldn't make this in the frontlines at least but if there's a long building time, why not.

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I usually add the digging at a later time having the rest of the front ready.

4. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

Hmmm, this works well, and its useful. Lots of great designs to prevent more bridges being placed up a wall. With this design, it is knigt proof, except that the knight can break the second one. Seing as I am not a knight usually, I don't know if this is true or not. Once the knight is on the bridge, they could easily use bombs to take out support, and then collapse it. This is a risk to all the designs, and I am not critisizing anyone. Also in the middle of battle, this is slightly harder to build. Very good idea though, and I am going to try this now and see what happens. X3
    </br>--- merged: Jun 18, 2012 8:26 AM ---</br>
    I
    tried this and it worked:)

That is until a knight broke the second bridge with his sword, then killed the first door, and ended up killing the top doors. We lost :(

//edit by Rayne: Ever heard of snipping your quotes? it's awesome and doesn't take up half the page for one post.

ah. Will remember next time.

Ghozt likes this.
  5. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

He broke the door that's one above ground level? Are you sure it was a knight who did it? Did he use a bomb? Because it should be impossible for a knight to break a bridge (with his sword) so low unless they dug under (which shouldn't happen because of that stone block underneath).

6. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Untrue actually, you can slash a bridge that is 2 tiles off the ground without digging, you just need a proper amount of timing and a little lag.

Trap bridge vaults are really cool though, I use them as a builder all the time to get up and over knights.

Arcite likes this.
  7. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

It was a knights sword. Only the bridge was damaged, not the backwall (no bomb) and there was no blue door, so it wasn't a smart builder (I was on red team). If it was a dumb builder, they couldn't have known the right angle to break the bridge at.

8. palmito

palmito Shopkeep Stealer

will be very easy... :(

9. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

I don't understand sorry, what will be very easy?

10. Vogie

Vogie A Madman and a Scholar Donator

all this is well and good but i think it should be mentioned that this would work best in a private or professional game, in a pub game ease of use is a powerful tool. sometimes it helps to just have more hands on the front, for all you know maybe they're an AMAZING knight but they don't know jack about scaling towers. Killatron's method would help teach people about those doors as well as make them usually pretty easy to use.

11. littlealmond

littlealmond Shipwright

12. Oscar355

Oscar355 Catapult Fodder

ummm... knights are able to break the team door and get up. They can also vault up 4 blocks so...

Froghead48 likes this.
  13. CoD

CoD Haxor

Yeah, not such a good tactic.

14. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Haxor
    1. KRPG

Yeah the amount of people who don't know about vaulting is kinda worrying because of how useful it is in battle even the odd team bridge placed on flat land can help a builder or archer get high up and avoid knights
    BTW Today Vaugen was online and he's a admin for... (I forgot the server name) and be basically enforced and encoraged helping people to vault and make defensive vaulting towers and even though he spent most of the game been a tutor to the more 'inexperienced' players we ended up winning my a massive gap and we did for 2-3 games till players left and new ones joined and ladders and team bridges got spammed everywhere

Vaugen and Gofio like this.
  15. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

coulve been me, not sure.
    first time i experimented with it,
    all noobs went like "OMG howthefuck didIdodat!? OMG im AWZUMS!"
    and that was more of a nuisance than the problem itself...

16. PixelatedHero

PixelatedHero Catapult Fodder

Doesnt work anymore as of Build580

17. Boea

Boea Such Beta

The issue here is you are talking about Beta Mechanics in a thread in the Alpha Sections.