1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] CoD's....tower.

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by CoD, Jun 27, 2012.

?

So what do you think?

1. Nice, good work.

20.8%
  2. Can be improved in some areas.

45.8%
  3. Complete rubbish.

12.5%
  4. Can't wait to see your other structures.

20.8%
  1. CoD

CoD Haxor

OK, well I have been building since I first joined KAG (six months ago) and I have a collection of buildings I have but never could be bothered to upload them...until now.
    This is the first building I'm going to upload and my most recent, so here goes:

It is ideal for archers and provides good defense with the spikes.
    You could put shops in places but I didn't as it is up to you.

UPDATE: CoD's...tower. New version:
    Original:
    screen-12-06-27-16-26-40.png screen-12-06-27-16-25-35.png
    Updated:
    screen-12-06-27-19-17-36.png

2. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

It's pretty nice, I would say what's wrong and what's not. I might do that later, few things I noticed.

No way for archers to really shoot up.
    Maybe a launch pad?
    A way to get on the roof. Otherwise you have covered mostly every thing, nice building CoD, no to show it to AIMTD> :P

3. CoD

CoD Haxor

Thanks Ghozt. :)

short_round likes this.
  4. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

maybe a bomb chute also as one bomb into the archer hole in the bomb would be dangerous

5. CoD

CoD Haxor

Forgot to add that in, thanks.

6. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

CoD, I see you have uploaded a few buildings, maybe make a thread for one bug compilation of your structures?

short_round likes this.
  7. CoD

CoD Haxor

OK, I will when I get back on my PC.
    Shall I delete these threads.

short_round likes this.
  8. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

You can't, only a mod can. I suggest you make one and put each design in a spoiler, so keep these until then so you can just copy and paste each thread into one big one.

9. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

CoD you are one of the finest builders ive seen

10. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I trained him. (not really)
    Saying that it is hard to compare builders, some are good at building some are good at attacking.
    In Australia he is a mighty builder, he needs to work on more offence, that's where the fun in builder is.

Canadian98 likes this.
  11. CoD

CoD Haxor

Thankyou Canadian, although you still have Sarathos, Steve and my building 'idol' in KAG Mr. FuzzyBlueBaron.

short_round and Ghozt like this.
  12. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

building designs vary, Defense, Traps, Offense its hard to compare

13. CoD

CoD Haxor

I've got a trap I made recently (credit to evol-nomad for helping me with it) I'll upload it soon.

short_round likes this.
  14. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

It's pre' cool. There are a couple of things you could work on though.

Enemies can ladder directly over your tower, so I would advise extending the overhang out by a couple blocks or replacing it with something like Killatron's Tooth Puller.

The kneecapper you have going there is not as efficient as it could be. A kneecapper situated 2 blocks from the ground would provide the best range for arrows. Then again, on a tower that thin, a single bomb to the kneecapper could do very serious damage. I understand that you probably placed the kneecapper like that because of the auto-spike trap that you have going at the bottom of the tower. I would like to suggest that you consider changing the trap as it is fairly easy to hurt yourself on the spikes. The kneecapper is nice, but if you were to remove it then you would improve the structural integrity of the tower a fair bit. Up to you though.

Might I suggest something like this?

CODtower1.png

EDIT: Something odd is happening with spike collision in the past few builds, so the trap has increased potential to harm your team-mates. Use with caution.

I have never had problems with it before, but it is being temperamental this build. It is possible to harm yourself from the underside of the spikes if you jump at a particular angle, or if part of the hitbox for your player model moves through the spikes in certain ways. It's still fairly viable, as you have to go out of your way with odd movements to try to hurt yourself, but the potential for team killing is there. I have edited the post to reflect this. Please use with caution.

Having solid blocks above a spike trap like that prevents you from damaging yourself on the trap as you ascend the tower. The spike is replaceable from safety via the ladders on the overhang, so you can keep replacing it if it gets bombed or whatever. Added a new kneecapper in that is a little thicker and has a better range in line with the new spike trap. The top door is at the optimum door height of 8 blocks, the highest you can make a door without getting fallstun as you exit it. The tower has 4 ways over it to combat builders stoning up the doors. It also cannot be directly laddered over.

Alternatively you could do something like this:

Codtower2.png

Nice spike trap at the bottom. Destroying the highlighted block drops the team bridges, squashing enemies. It's more convenient to have the drop trap when you don't have the spike trap on the door. Both the designs posted use up more resources and of course you could potentially make both towers even taller or add more stuff or whatever. It shouldn't matter if you're building it next to the tent like that during build time

Just some thoughts. Seems pretty decent though.

15. CoD

CoD Haxor

I have the knee-capper at ground level as even with that spike it can be used as a notch and more easily bombed, but thanks for your tips.

short_round and Ghozt like this.
  16. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

With the first trap, it shouldn't matter if they use it as a notch, as the trap is designed to kill enemies as they attempt to climb the tower. In the second trap it would probably be more productive to just remove it all together.

17. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

Guro, the true ingenuity of all building perfection. You really love correcting all mistakes in buildings, great dedication mate.

Ghozt and Guro like this.
  18. CoD

CoD Haxor

Indeed.

short_round likes this.
  19. Jumpout

Jumpout Shopkeep Stealer

Hm, Can't really say more then what everyone else already has, good idea it works well, listen to Guro hes the building Guru :p

:thumbs_up:

20. CoD

CoD Haxor

Thanks.

short_round likes this.