1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] CoD's....tower.

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by CoD, Jun 27, 2012.

?

So what do you think?

1. Nice, good work.

20.8%
  2. Can be improved in some areas.

45.8%
  3. Complete rubbish.

12.5%
  4. Can't wait to see your other structures.

20.8%
  1. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Guros grinder?
    its a really good one.
    I used to use something like it, thought it was genius,
    and then Guro came and posted a thread about exactly the same but TEN TIMES AS AWESOME.
    and i look at my silly little spikes.. ..and they dont seem awesome anymore :QQ:
    guro is a master at offensive building.

2. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

I think he is referring to one of the pictures I posted in THIS post. Just on that note, the spike trap for the design in the first picture I posted is a little iffy now. I have never had problems with it before, but it is being temperamental this build. It is possible to harm yourself from the underside of the spikes if you jump at a particular angle, or if part of the hitbox for your player model moves through the spikes in certain ways. It's still fairly viable, as you have to go out of your way with odd movements to try to hurt yourself, but the potential for team killing is there. I have edited the post to reflect this. Please use with caution.

Aladdinsane likes this.
  3. CoD

CoD Haxor

I might a boost pad a block to the left, so you can get up quickly and still jump from it to the trap bridges with the spike.

short_round likes this.
  4. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

If you're referring to the first trap, just make sure you test it extensively in sandbox (make sure you have health in sandbox, blood is not a good enough indicator of spike damage). If you don't hold the directional input for long enough when you jump from the team bridge to the doors, you will take tamage.

5. i have an idea: kneecap shooter with bomb chute???:huh?:

also if ur going to make a spike pit, make sure you add Force's Bait Trap into it :p and possible with a spike replacing door

But still, good work!

Gofio likes this.