1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] General Archer Discussion

Discussion in 'Archer' started by killatron46, May 14, 2012.

1. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

when you cut a tree and fall on a knight you automatically go into falling animation, and you can not attack. So you charge an arrow jump on a knight's shield, break it and let an arrow into the unshielding knight

2. I bettar shoot and then fall. Less damage4me.

3. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

I use the same method when dealing with bomb jumping knights, in your team's castle.

4. GloriousToast

a while a go i did this wicked kill to some guy (assuming it is a guy and possibly it was overlord as that day i was attempting to kill him by falling on him( i did succeed)) but i fully shot an arrow and then fell at the same time, the arrow broke his shield and i fell on him killing the knight emerging with 1 heart left.

still it feels like it is easier to do the way i've described

5. Mmm... yes and when you miscalculate the heights, you get stunned, so does he, but you lose health with the stun damage and then you are very close to him and also vulnerable. If you break the shield first, he doesn't have time to get it back up nor react that fast. The stomp will make him lose health/kill him and you are also able to move.

6. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

I suggest do it when your knights are attacking the enemy, works alot better. Or if the knight is distracted, you can jump on him, and shot him to death :D.

7. You practically don't end up 78:9 when you go in like that. @ArL. You can be deadly from distance. I move out when I see an advantage. in ex. I can go 1v2 or 1v3, not more.

Symphony_Soldier likes this.
  8. GloriousToast

if you end with a kdr like 78:9, it is because you are a coward, far from any real action. The ones with that kind of kdr as an archer are the scumbags of KAG.

9. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I wouldn't say they are scumbags, there is nothing wrong with being far enough away from the action that you don't get hit, but close enough to kill. The is especially nothing wrong with being accurate, good, and supporting your team. The only time 78:9 is bad is when it's over the course of 9 games, and your only dying once per game (when your team loses and you die and switch to spectator) that's what a real scumbag is like. xD I've seen people do that. But just being good and knowing keep your distance from bombs is good if you know how to do it right. I personally like to play much close, but I have to back off often and stay far away, but I can still usually go 20:2 a game if it's a good game, which in 4-5 games is almost 78:9

10. Archers are made to be coward shits. You want to be a badass reckless rusher, you go knight.

11. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

*cough* Give Archers a shield, and they'll be rushing.
    Archers are not cowards, of cource there afraid of insta gibs, and trying to melee knights. The problem is if you have a ton of Archers camping on the other team, you can't take care of them, and you'll "have to ask someone to go archer, to take care of the pests". And the problem is even worser if the other team, has a height advantage. :)

12. Archers are still built to be long range. You can't blame them for that.
    A ton of archers camping on a tower is annoying, sure. But it doesn't mean you can't win.

13. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

I agree, I wish there was a fix on Arrow range, which added a arrow arc, and less range to arrows, which would decrease the amount of Archers (example: Action server). This would have a added bonus of forcing Archers to Aim, but saddy the normal kag gamemodes, make being Archer ultra-easy. I agree about Knights being more interesting than Archers, playing-wise. Can't beat bomb jumping into enemy castles, buying bombs from their bomb shops, and blowing everything up in the progress. With Archer, thats not possiable, you just dodge, move, shot, of cource aiming accurately, thats all.

14. To me, archer is fine as it is right now. Having archers able to machine-gun arrows close range (which I enjoyed as an archerfag in the early days) is stupid. Now you can't spam as much. You're forced to charge longer, giving knights who actually KNOW how to use a shield instead of complaining about it being paper an advantage over them.

15. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I don't know their is a fine balance, however I do believe there is merit to play cqb archer, as a few people do. I try my best I'm a little bit off my game, but when I play for a week or so consecutive I'm extremely aggressive. Playing archer correctly you can take out shops not quite as fast but safer than a knight, but getting on top of an enemy tower or arching a shot.

16. This basically sums up all proper archer tactics.

feet, Varion and Karpovich like this.
  17. GloriousToast

The general consensus that most players that play knight agree on is that archers are cowards and fags, ie archerfags (not literal).
    I disagree. archers can do a lot more then "deadly from a distance" ie they support, provide distractions, break shields, whittle down enemy advances, and the most annoying fucking thing in the universe, they can stall.

18. Verrazano

you can do most of that from a distance. lol.

Symphony_Soldier likes this.
  19. Except I'm an archerfag. I play all three classes, but I've played archer since the beginning days of KAG until last year when I realized bombs win games.
    I'm an archerfag that accepts the fact that archers are made to be coward shits.
    Why do you think people even invented the goddamn bow and arrow? TO SHOOT FROM A DISTANCE.

Like Verra said, you can do all of that from a distance. The only difference is that doing these things from a distance make it easier for you and you die less.

Contrary likes this.
  20. Verrazano

The merit to being a close archer is really the scare if you get good at you ward of enemy knights archers, if you really good you can keep most of the team at bay I used to be able to do this, but I'm quite out of practice. It's harder to keep the opposing team at bay when you are on a far away tower. Also you can't do short shots which are nice finishing move. Overall I think there really should be an argument on which is the proper way, because archer can be played close or at range it is most commonly played at range, because it is easier safer, but it is still viable and effective to play up close, as long as it is done right.

Ej likes this.