1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] General Archer Discussion

Discussion in 'Archer' started by killatron46, May 14, 2012.

1. DeathArrow

DeathArrow Catapult Fodder

Archer will be my class when I play it seems fun :) But as some people have said it doesn't do any damage to building I'd like to see that then you can do more with your arrows

Usually you can just shoot an arrow into someone jumping out in air and hit them then they fall and +1 But there is no way you can collapse a building with arrows. I'm hoping they can create something like a strong arrow to make a dint in a building that should make things interesting .

2. After that we of course must be able to shoot arrows across the map, which also includes invisible arrows with instakill. Then we should have a bomb arrow destroying the enemy team and also that our knight can hop on it. I could even use a insta-ban arrow that bans the player who gets hit. So.. what else can we think about? Freeze for 1337 seconds? That sounds kinda cool, and you can get damage+it should spread the freezing effect any nearby lelnublet that walks near by.

Symphony_Soldier likes this.
  3. I had to read this post twice before I understood that it was sarcasm, lol.

GloriousToast likes this.
  4. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

symphony, shut up, you archerfag XD

what i was keening on was "deadly", because archers can do more then just be "deadly".

i like close range archer because it is more likely to hit an enemy
    screen-13-02-02-12-56-20v2.png
    the green arrow requires more accuracy when on a tower, but coincides at farther ranges
    the yellow arrow coincides with the path of enemies early, and therefore should be easier to get a target
    i prefer the path of yellow because it is easier to hit an enemy

Guitarman likes this.
  5. Yes, do you now realize you move 3 blocks further to the nearest tree. You can actually jump 360' and you can also move everywhere + boost up your arrows. Fuck 'em towers. If you stay in one place for too long, trust me, you get shot and getting shot is bad. Also, enemy can bomb the hell out of your workshops behind the tower while you open the door for him. GL HF

6. GloriousToast

i dont get what you are trying to say....

7. Try like symph did. Read it once again. IF that doesn't really work, read it out loud.

Symphony_Soldier likes this.
  8. He's trying to tell you that shooting while on a tree is way better than sitting on a tower in the first place. Everyone knows Trees > Towers with archers. I also don't see how your picture is depicting a "close range" archer when both archers are behind/on a tower.

Also I don't get this. What, deadly isn't good enough for you? You want godmode? Lol.
    Archers are deadly, long range just makes them safer. If people have accuracy problems and need to go uberclose to actually hit something, then they aren't really that good of an archer.

9. GloriousToast

sure you die less from a distance but hell is it not easier, greater distance = greater radius = more chances of missing.
    and you are slow in a tree and you are much easier to hit with a bomb and you have 0 protection and you can't jump down and bombs can be thrown super high
    trees are not better then towers here's why (repeating myself)
    1.a trees have a fixed height they can not be grown any higher artificially
    1.b towers can be as high as you want and greater height = larger range
    2. moving in trees are slower then in towers making you easier to hit with a bomb
    3. in a tower you have cover/ trees have no cover
    4. you can put quarters in towers, making archers uber invincible (is that godmode enough for you)?
    5. bombs can only be thrown so high so make it heigher then that height
    6. you can be knocked down by trees, destroying the trees, making less of a height = less range
    7. towers can be placed anywhere, trees can not and they must be nearby to use them.
    8. trees can be destroyed by a single block
    9. towers block enemy movements trees do not
    Conclusions
    towers are better
    trees pros that i can only think up
    1. free movement (as you guys said)
    2. trees are natural
    3. can be used as source of ammo but must compete with builders

Archers' function is not just "be deadly" they can do more then be just "ooh i am archer all i can do is kill enemies from afar.

The pictures depicts that an archer on the ground is better then an archer on the tower. The building is just a perch, doesnt really matter about it. The archer above has greater range but a greater chance to miss. The path of the above archer's arrow will intersect with the path once while the below archer overlaps the path of the enemies' path

10. Symph, I guess you feel the same way I feel right now.

I salute for all knights playing against this guy! :dance::teabag::dance:

No matter how much pros and cons you pick out, towers sux dix. real man use trees. You can do lots of things BEHIND trees, which of course are not shown to young boys. No, I'm not saying that you are a young boy, but i'm not denying it neither :3

11. You know what's confusing with you, is that you are trying to say that up close archers are better than long ranger archers, but you favor towers over trees. Any pro aggressive archer knows that trees are better than towers. In an archer duel, the archer on the tower is weak cause his enemy only has to aim for his exits. The archer on the tree has so many places to move around, thus making it THAT hard to hit him.
    All of your pros about towers is only applicable if both archers are noobs. Only noobs need towers to win. Pros capture towers.

12. GloriousToast

damn archerfags no way to reason with you suckas
    I play on the action unlimited server a lot. People build lots of high buildings and there isn't a spam of trees. Soldier, do you play mostly on limited lives servers with limited resources? because that seems to be the difference in our gaming experience. It would explain your attitudes toward my opinion because in action unlimited archers would be never able to capture a tower without some sort of help, two in action unlimited, trees are scarce and mostly used for wood and arrows.

archer on the tree has no cover, archer on tower has cover
    archer on tree has lots of movement, archer on tower minimal to no movement

conclusion if you were a pro archer, you would still be able to hit the archer in the tree but you can't shoot through cover

13. Interesting. Why do you think that this argument is only negative-sided?

Playing in unlimited servers is quite boring, due the fact that most of the time the amount of knights/archers matters the winning side. Also, since that server is highly populated, you need to just shoot somewhere in the enemy lines and someone will eventually get hit with it.

If you try some real CTF servers, you will eventually find out how the game actually works. Have you tried how does teamwork work in 5 vs 5? The team composition, the towers even the archer matters. If you look PK# vs POWER, which is shown under twitch.tv/vanhuek under name YB vs Bow which is about 1h and 50 minutes long, you will see how archer can turn the tides of battles. Towers are useful if you don't have trees, but trees are significant advantage for an archer.

It's possible to cut arrows and jump from tree to tree without falling. I completely understand what Symph means and he has a point. In action unlimited, you're most likely just enjoying the easy game and random arrowing. I often practice in Rapid Team Deathmatch servers, because it gives the best practice to archers going 1v1, 1v2 and even 1v3.

Also that sort of archerfagging doesn't really exist. A good archer does what he has to do. Kill the enemies archers as first priority and helping the knights advance as second in priority. They can be mixed up.

14. GloriousToast

because it's me vrs 3 people. im cornered and you 3 are attacking my argument

Builders play more of a role then archers or knights without them the game will go no where. Archers stall. Knights advance. Catas crumble. Builders wins games in unlimited.

Real ctf servers? unlimited are really the only "real" ctf servers as you have to cap to win and you don't have the option to reduce the lives to zero to win. In unlimited a squadron of archers can stall the game, catapults end them. I'm pretty sure i know how the game works karps, if I haven't already spent a year of my life playing KAG.
    so where do builders come into this, and their catas? i really think defending has a higher priority because after all they "are deadly at range"

Demon_Jester likes this.
  15. Ahahahahahaha. Action Unlimited. Now I see why your view of archer is so fucked up. Dude, being an archer in overpopulated servers like Action or any unlimited servers for that matter doesn't mean shit.
    I play on servers that have a set amount of tickets and have a relatively smaller amount of players than Action. Example, Frinks or BC's.
    That is where the skill is at. You don't see the ArL league using unlimited servers, are you?
    That's cause using tickets wisely is a factor in gameplay.

As for the archertalk, any good archer can beat the archer in a tower. It's pretty damn easy. Time your shots to hit after the archer opens the door. Since the archer in the tower has limited areas of exits, it's pretty easy to focus all fire at the exits, making the archer on the tower useless. As for the archers on the trees, they can move around as much as they please.

16. yeah iots a lot of tactic and strategy i mean you make walls and have to buy bombs then hit and back away again make bobms and hit and even change to archer!!!!
    people who play on unlimited dont take the skill we have from bomb jumping across the amp and killing builders, lol its not like its easy to throw bomvs from towers. guys on unlimited are p bad i mean, i mean mr black or cozakura, wtf they are nooobs. gt is another noob because unlimited is shit, units is the real kag for pros

not

17. Okay.

18. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

kag doesnt take skill

/thread

Kouji likes this.
  19. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

Do(es) The Opposite Of What Kouji Says yet Kouji's likes your post whatfs? You can easily beat someone who has worser ping. Skill in kag, is more, of how correctly you react to certain situations.

Guitarman likes this.
  20. GloriousToast

yes spam is the answer